Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

RIOT

Practically Family
Hmmm..

MrNewportCustom, I could see many possibilities for that '33 Dodge RPU. Is it for sale? I am currently looking for a new build project now that I just sold the Merc.

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
Well with the kids now out of college and my daughter getting married in August will be time to trade in the 11 yr old chevy.

As to the classics, me and a couple of buddies over the Labor week-end will be heading to Auburn IN home to Auburns Cords and Duesenbergs for the fall show. Great cars, however I do love my modern comforts!

Trampilot

Familiar Face
MrNewportCustom said:
That Mach1 needs to be rescued! It wouldn't take much to bring her back to life and looking good again. Did you ask anyone about it?

Fraid not. It was on the far bank so I'm not even sure where it actually was. Behind it was a great big Scammell truck too.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
RIOT said:
Hmmm..

MrNewportCustom, I could see many possibilities for that '33 Dodge RPU. Is it for sale? I am currently looking for a new build project now that I just sold the Merc.

So can I! :)

I've never spoken to anyone over there, but the silver tarp is a recent addition - maybe three months ago. The green you see behind the driver's door is the old tarp. I'm guessing it's someones, "Someday" project.

And if it was for sale, I'd be working a deal for it! ;)

Lee

"Cars are meant to be driven. If it gets a chip in the paint, I touch it up." - Jay Leno

undertaker

Practically Family
Flivver said:
Needless to say, I think your "new" flivver is great!

Can't wait to see the pictures. All original cars are *so* wonderful. For many years, the old car hobby was only about 100 point restorations but now the all original cars are beginning to draw attention at car shows because they are *so* rare. And they provide an accurate insight into what the cars were actually like when new.

A friend of mine likes to say that an old car can be restored many times, but it can only be original once.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to get some pictures on Thursday if all goes well. I have wanted a Model T for years, just waiting on the right one... and finally found it.

Thanks,
J.S.

Jay

Practically Family
Well after a few weeks deliberation, my Dad and I finally picked up our new car. We were so overwhelmed when we checked it out I later realized I put a down payment on it without even going for a test drive.

My 1955 Bel Air.
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

The giant wheel. Driving without power steering is a chore...

Jay said:
Well after a few weeks deliberation, my Dad and I finally picked up our new car. We were so overwhelmed when we checked it out I later realized I put a down payment on it without even going for a test drive.

My 1955 Bel Air.
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Love it. I have the two door model in green and white. You have quite the car there. Looks great for its age. :eusa_clap
What's under the hood?

Regards,

J

Micawber

A-List Customer
I've owned and restored a fair number of vehicles of various shapes and sizes, digging around on my HD I found some random odd photos of a few of them..

1934 Standard 10 Special
10SP.gif

1937 Morris 10/4
1041.gif

1937 Morris 14/6
1461.gif

'42 MB
JEEP.jpg

'43 WC54
Ambjpg.jpg

My late RR Shadow 1 which now resides in Germany
MyRR.jpg

I may post some more as and when I find them.

fishmeok

Vendor
combinacion065.jpg

Our 63' Pontiac Catalina, but I drive a beat up 93' Mercedes. It's a bummer I'm too short to reach the pedals on the Catalina!
[/QUOTE]

What about some 6" high disco shoes and a pillow?:)

Can't beat a '60's pontiac- here's my '64 Safari wagon.

DSCN1137.jpg

DSCN1143.jpg

Flivver

Practically Family
Jay said:

My 1955 Bel Air.
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Jay...what a great car!

One of my childhood friend's parents had one just like it in the late 50s! We used to ride to school in it on rainy days (we walked otherwise).

I'm a big fan of '55, '56, and '57 Chevys and we had several of them in my family.

I believe your car is a Two-Ten model. The line-up in '55 was One-Fifty, Two-Ten and Bel Air.

And the "Blue Flame Six" engine is great! Remember, the "Blue Flame Six" (in hotted-up form) was used in the Corvette in '53, '54, and '55.

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Lets see your Babies! (Aka cars!)

I bet some people on here have some ausome vintage cars, I am a huge fan of autos, both new and used. To start here is mine. Not exactly vintage since it is circa 2002, but it has been my faithful companion for 5 years :(, sorry to American car companies,but German cars are built to last. I got the E320 since it has the classic styling. Please excuse the tiara, and the Burberry, thats a pic my friend took when I said I wanted a pic with my car.My dream vintage car is a little English roadster, like a 50's Jag, a Morgan, or a Triumph Spartan. Also the 50's Mercedes SL300 coupe. Drool...... Please post pics of you amazing new and vintage cars!!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...e&friendID=48213342&albumID=0&imageID=1541801

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NicolettaRose said:
Also there is a thread in the Observation bar, also about cars and no one suggested the search engine on that post. Maybe it is just a topic that people enjoy discussing, somethings just come up over and over again.

Or, maybe it's that you do this a lot and we'd like you to add to already existing threads instead of constantly creating new ones. Really, not to be mean, but it'd be appreciated greatly if you would search first. It's REALLY obvious that you don't bother to search before starting a new topic.

EDIT: Hey look! The thread isn't old anymore! lol

birddog

New in Town
BMW Restored

Greetings to All Motorheads,

While not really a classic vintage motorcycle, my 1965 R69S BMW has just completed a ground up restoration. For the 1960's the 69S appears older than it really is.

See it at: http://mjstone.smugmug.com

Ugarte

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
My 1936 Chevrolet Town Sedan

I found this recently with a for sale sign on it along a road. It has only 35,000 original miles. Starts on the first push of the starter and purrs like a kitten. I do drive it to work occasionally on nice days, (only two miles to work). It has the original upholstery which was attacked by moths at some point. Needs a little work but it is a driver and turns heads.
IMGP1829.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's a nice one. It looks like it has that perfect balance of being in very good shape without being overdone. (you know how a lot of cars that people restore look too good?)

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
over restoration

You are so right. When I was in High School, I worked summers with an elderly gentleman who restored automobiles. One day he called me over to a Model A Ford he was working on and said “feel that door frame. It’s slicker than a cat’s
a _ _ . If Henry Ford had put that much work into his cars when they were new, no one could have afforded them”. His restorations won first places across the country though. He then told me of the curator of the Dearborn Museum who just to prove a point removed a 1936 Ford from the display, these cars were taken right off the assembly line at the Ford plant and placed into the museum. He entered it in the Hershey Car Show and did not win because “it was under restored”.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
A beautiful car, Mr. K. Good find, especially with those low miles. (I recenetly told a man at a car show that my Chrysler had "fewer than 42,000 original miles when I bought it," and he replied, "As opposed to non-original miles?" :D)

I'd like to have a car from the '30s or early '40s. someday.

Lee

Still dreaming after all these years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass