Show us your vehicles

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Tin Pan Sally, Mar 22, 2006.

What general era was your vehichle made:

1. 30s or earlier

36 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. 40s

25 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. 50s

39 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. 60s

49 vote(s)
    20.9%
  5. 70s-90s

61 vote(s)
    26.0%
  6. New with classic features

47 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jay

Jay Practically Family

MrNewportCustom: That car is really, really cool. I love those slab-sided sedans. Do you have a side-view picture of it?

2. Lesvinyl

Lesvinyl Familiar Face

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our 63' Pontiac Catalina, but I drive a beat up 93' Mercedes. It's a bummer I'm too short to reach the pedals on the Catalina!

3. MrNewportCustom

MrNewportCustom Call Me a Cab

Slab side City, Baby!

Yes, I do.

[​IMG]

But for real slab-sidedness, you'll want one of these. (In much better condtion, though. lol)

[​IMG]

I'd trade the Chrysler for another one in comparable condition in a heartbeat.

Lee

4. MrNewportCustom

Very nice, Lesvinyl! Um, the seat does slide forward. ;) Enjoy!

Lee

5. Miss Brill

Miss Brill One Too Many

I have a similar black '89 Silverado stepside. I love it. I bought it in 2001 & paid $6500 for it & have enjoyed it so much. I can't imagine myself in anything else. Shortly after I bought it, an old man asked what was with "young girls" wanting big trucks like men drive, I never thought of trucks are being sex-specific. :rolleyes:

6. The real Henry

The real Henry Practically Family

Very cool car, but I'd never be able to get something like that as my first car here in Germany. I think a 60s or 70s car would still be possible, though.

Something like this would be great:

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Henrik

7. Lesvinyl

Lesvinyl Familiar Face

Thank you! Yes indeed, I will try that. Driving a boat kind of makes me nervous but its a great car for the summer. Perhaps in time I will post me driving the car, that will be a feat! :)

8. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

I'd take that one anyday.

9. MrNewportCustom

"Driving a boat" is fun. Mine is over eighteen feet long and more than six feet wide. I always feel safe in it. In fact, I often tell people, "In case of accident, I win."

I'd like to see a picture of you enjoying your drive in it. I'm sure you'll be hooked once you do. :D

Lee

10. anabolina

anabolina A-List Customer

Aw fond memories. I currently drive a 98 Ford , but learned to drive in a bright yellow 65 Ford Galaxie. I loved that car, but my big brother wrapped it around a pole one night when driving home when he was so tired from pulling a double that he should NOT have been driving. Anyway, he walked to the grandparents house since they lived only a couple blocks away and just left the car there. He was kinda too young to drive and didn't have a license and didn't want to deal with the police and the car was pretty totaled and probably unsalvagable. It's odd, back then me, bro, the parents, none of us thought anything of drving illegally, without insurance, licenses, registration, inspections. Yeah if we'd been caught that would be some serious tickets. We're much better now and actually drive legally of all things.

Anyway, that was a good car and I'll always have a softspot for Galaxies :)

Oh, and I agree that driving a boat is fun MrNewportCustom. My previous car was an 81 Buick Electra <sp> and that was was really dependable and used a lot of gas, thats kinda why I got the Taurus that and the Buick was having issues that I gave to my Brother with the rest of the car.

11. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

Taken last week. My Merc all dusted up from it's Winter hibernation.

Looks like someone needs a bath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Registered User

[​IMG]

:D

13. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Registered User

That S3 is BEAUTIFUL. I would kill to have Audi sell those here. We do get the A3, but only the estate version. :mad:

14. MrNewportCustom

anabolina, My first ride in a convertible was in a '66 Galaxie. And there's nothing better for the soul than to give away ones issues. :D

Riot, bath or no, that'a a sweet ride. :)

Stanley, I've always liked that Datsun. :)

Lee

15. undertaker

undertaker Practically Family

Well....

..... I' ve done it this time. I paid a deposit on a car just like this one today. It is a 1922 Model T Touring car. I hope to get some pictures of it this coming week when I get it home. It is all original and vintage to the core.

[​IMG]

Regards,
    J.S.

16. MrNewportCustom

Beautiful, undertaker. I can't wait to see it.

Lee

17. Lonn

Lonn Familiar Face

Not classic yet,

It's got legacy, it's got style and it is adequately juvenile for my needs.
    It's fun to drive and as a V-6, gets "O.K." mileage.

[​IMG]

18. Trampilot

Trampilot Familiar Face

I took a walk along the canal to Limehouse last weekend and came across this abandoned gem:

[​IMG]

Poor thing.

19. MrNewportCustom

That Mach1 needs to be rescued! It wouldn't take much to bring her back to life and looking good again. Did you ask anyone about it?

This is next door to where I work. It's a '33 (or '34) Dodge longbed. That's rare enough, but I love the sidemount spare. I'd love to save it. *singing to the tune of, It I Only Had a Brain,* If I only had the means . . .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lee

20. Flivver

Flivver Practically Family

Needless to say, I think your "new" flivver is great!

Can't wait to see the pictures. All original cars are *so* wonderful. For many years, the old car hobby was only about 100 point restorations but now the all original cars are beginning to draw attention at car shows because they are *so* rare. And they provide an accurate insight into what the cars were actually like when new.

A friend of mine likes to say that an old car can be restored many times, but it can only be original once.