Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Jay

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom: That car is really, really cool. I love those slab-sided sedans. Do you have a side-view picture of it?

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
gitano036.jpg

combinacion065.jpg

Our 63' Pontiac Catalina, but I drive a beat up 93' Mercedes. It's a bummer I'm too short to reach the pedals on the Catalina!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Slab side City, Baby!

Jay said:
MrNewportCustom: That car is really, really cool. I love those slab-sided sedans. Do you have a side-view picture of it?

Yes, I do.

ChrissyatParksidemodified.jpg

But for real slab-sidedness, you'll want one of these. (In much better condtion, though. lol)

BIGLINC.jpg

I'd trade the Chrysler for another one in comparable condition in a heartbeat.

Lee

Miss Brill

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
DSCF0894.jpg

My '89 Chevy Cheyenne. Getting a bit old but I still love 'er. Does burnouts great too. :p

I have a similar black '89 Silverado stepside. I love it. I bought it in 2001 & paid $6500 for it & have enjoyed it so much. I can't imagine myself in anything else. Shortly after I bought it, an old man asked what was with "young girls" wanting big trucks like men drive, I never thought of trucks are being sex-specific. :rolleyes:

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
MrNewportCustom said:
Very nice, Lesvinyl! Um, the seat does slide forward. ;) Enjoy!

Lee

Thank you! Yes indeed, I will try that. Driving a boat kind of makes me nervous but its a great car for the summer. Perhaps in time I will post me driving the car, that will be a feat! :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The real Henry said:
Very cool car, but I'd never be able to get something like that as my first car here in Germany. I think a 60s or 70s car would still be possible, though.

Something like this would be great:

Opel-Kadett-B-WJTK.jpg

Regards,
Henrik

I'd take that one anyday.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Lesvinyl said:
Thank you! Yes indeed, I will try that. Driving a boat kind of makes me nervous but its a great car for the summer. Perhaps in time I will post me driving the car, that will be a feat! :)

"Driving a boat" is fun. Mine is over eighteen feet long and more than six feet wide. I always feel safe in it. In fact, I often tell people, "In case of accident, I win."

I'd like to see a picture of you enjoying your drive in it. I'm sure you'll be hooked once you do. :D

Lee

anabolina

A-List Customer
Tin Pan Sally said:
I hope this thread isn't a repeat.
Do you drive/ride a classic car, truck, chopper, bicycle, hot dog cart, n'such?

Here is me atop my first car, a 1963 Ford Galaxie. Notice the attractive primer with rust trim paint job. I wanted a 1942 Army surplus jeep like my brother had, but couldn't find one.
post_1609_4337.jpg

Aw fond memories. I currently drive a 98 Ford , but learned to drive in a bright yellow 65 Ford Galaxie. I loved that car, but my big brother wrapped it around a pole one night when driving home when he was so tired from pulling a double that he should NOT have been driving. Anyway, he walked to the grandparents house since they lived only a couple blocks away and just left the car there. He was kinda too young to drive and didn't have a license and didn't want to deal with the police and the car was pretty totaled and probably unsalvagable. It's odd, back then me, bro, the parents, none of us thought anything of drving illegally, without insurance, licenses, registration, inspections. Yeah if we'd been caught that would be some serious tickets. We're much better now and actually drive legally of all things.

Anyway, that was a good car and I'll always have a softspot for Galaxies :)

Oh, and I agree that driving a boat is fun MrNewportCustom. My previous car was an 81 Buick Electra <sp> and that was was really dependable and used a lot of gas, thats kinda why I got the Taurus that and the Buick was having issues that I gave to my Brother with the rest of the car.

RIOT

Practically Family
Taken last week. My Merc all dusted up from it's Winter hibernation.

Looks like someone needs a bath.

KR2_2765.jpg

KR2_2767.jpg

StanleyVanBuren

Sir RBH said:
Ladies and Gentlemen..
My confession is that my cars arent at all in keeping with my Fogey Image ( i suppose one has to make certain exceptions for it beng 2007.. such as having a pc, electricity and a mobile phone.. and the cars!!)

That S3 is BEAUTIFUL. I would kill to have Audi sell those here. We do get the A3, but only the estate version. :mad:

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
anabolina, My first ride in a convertible was in a '66 Galaxie. And there's nothing better for the soul than to give away ones issues. :D

Riot, bath or no, that'a a sweet ride. :)

Stanley, I've always liked that Datsun. :)

Lee

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
That Mach1 needs to be rescued! It wouldn't take much to bring her back to life and looking good again. Did you ask anyone about it?

This is next door to where I work. It's a '33 (or '34) Dodge longbed. That's rare enough, but I love the sidemount spare. I'd love to save it. *singing to the tune of, It I Only Had a Brain,* If I only had the means . . .
fscn0113.jpg

dscn0111.jpg

Lee

Flivver

Practically Family
undertaker said:
..... I' ve done it this time. I paid a deposit on a car just like this one today. It is a 1922 Model T Touring car. I hope to get some pictures of it this coming week when I get it home. It is all original and vintage to the core.

1917_ford.jpg

Regards,
J.S.

Needless to say, I think your "new" flivver is great!

Can't wait to see the pictures. All original cars are *so* wonderful. For many years, the old car hobby was only about 100 point restorations but now the all original cars are beginning to draw attention at car shows because they are *so* rare. And they provide an accurate insight into what the cars were actually like when new.

A friend of mine likes to say that an old car can be restored many times, but it can only be original once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112