Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Wild Root

Gone Home
Very true. They'll have patterns for most Chevy's and Ford's of the 20's to the 60's at any good glass shop.

For mine, it wouldn't be any trouble to get glass replaced unless it was for the back window... that one is curved some so, it would be hard to replace. The windshield and side windows are all flat glass so, that wouldn't be any big deal... lucky for me, all my glass is perfect! The '42 Ford I'm helping my friend fix-up needs glass in a bad way... but, the back window is in pretty good shape! THANK GOODNESS! So, hopefully that glass guy he talked to will get us but up here and give me an estimate!:rolleyes:

=WR=

Twitch said:
Recently had the winshield replaced on my 96 Eldo and the guy told me on old cars they make a pattern and cut out the needed glass since its obviously doesn't exist in stock anymore. On other applications the glass is custom cut then specially curved to fit. THAT is what makes its expensive:eek:

Makes sense to me. Whoever did my back glass did a good job. No distortion at the curved areas. :D

Regards,

J

LuckyKat

Practically Family
My Fine 1937 Plymouth

bennys37p4hz2.jpg

This is it, the pinnicle of all classics, my brand new, all-original, 75K original miles 1937 Plymouth P4. Truly amazing. Right now its in route from a hick town an hour north of Philly to sunny Southern California...where my dreams turn to reality.

:D ***If it arrives by the 14th of this month, Wild Root & myself (among other friends) are planning on attending the west coast's largest auto swapmeet in Pomona @ the LA County Fairgrounds on Sunday, October 15.

www.pomonaswapmeet.com

We'll get there before 5am to get our spots & be there til we can't stand up anymore or they kick us out. He'll be there with his P15 & me with my P4 & there will be a canopy in between for our bbq and our dancing to the portable record player that will be spinning 78s all day for ours and others enjoyment. If ANYONE is interested in joining us among the thousands of cars, tens of thousands of people, and millions of car parts for a day to enjoy classic cars, friends, and some dancing, let me or Wild Root know & you'll be sure to have a swell time!

Don't forget to join us the day before on OCTOBER 14th in MONROVIA for my swing venue: Hide N' go Swing!!!

And, as a side note, if you drive a car that dates after the 60s, its not a classic, its just old...most of style & class went out of date by the early 60s. Anything dated in the 70s thru present day is lacking quality and class. Of course, there are some exceptions, but not too many.:p

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah, I can't wait till this car comes! I've known Lucky Kat for a wile now and I recall when I first met him at a dance, we started talking about cars... he mentioned that he liked Plymouth the best! I knew we were going to be friends! lol

He's been waiting for a long time to get a nice period car... this car is so worth the wait! This P-4 is really something... I can't wait to go for that first drive in it and smell that great old mohair smell!!!

For those loungers in the area who own vintage autos pre 1960's, please do bring your car and hang out with us at our '30s and 40's pavilion at the Pomona Auto Show! It should be a swell time and we'd be so happy to have more loungers there dressed in period clothes... we want to show to the vintage car world that there's guys and gals who love the whole period! Playing swing or jazz and dancing around our cars is going to be great!

Also, any pre 1930 restored or original cars are not charged price of admission!

=WR=

benstephens

Practically Family
Some fantastic cars on here. It is lovely to see people with great clothes driving great cars.

Here is one of mine. It is a 1934 Riley Monaco. Perhaps not on par with some of the American cars, but for a British car of the period is quite sporty, having a twin cam engine.

Riley-1.jpg

Kindest Regards

Ben

Chevy43

New in Town
I bought this in summer '84 just after graduating high school. It was barely running and had no brakes so I towed it home. I did the brakes etc. and have been driving it ever since. I have been up to Seattle in it and all up and down the coast. This is really my second vehicle but I've had it longer than anything else. 1943 Cheverolet 1 1/2 ton G506 4x4 pannel truck:

43chevy0rp.jpg
[/IMG]

gpwpat

Familiar Face
Chevy 43

Your call sounds fimilure. as does your location. We have met? Tower Park? Man your name is escaping me. Oh I know is it Treven?

well here is my first restoration. a 1942 Ford GPW
621-3-2005_398.jpg

I also have a 1937 Plymouth pickup. my modern cars have vintage features. my commuter is a 2003 mini cooper and the family hauler I just got a 4 door wrangler. although it doesn't look that retro more utilitarian. but my 42 jeep is all utilitarian so I guess that might be a retro feature.

Wild Root

Gone Home
gpwpat said:
I also have a 1937 Plymouth pickup.

Ok brother, make with the photos of the Plymouth Pickup! They be kind of rare... I'd love to see it!

Oh, by the way, that '42 Ford is very nice! Very fun Jeeps! The best to take around the country side or a living history weekend!

=WR=

Chevy43

New in Town
Hi Pat, yup that's me. Nice to hear from you and great picture of your GPW!

I just dragged home a '44 IHC 2 1/2 6x6 Marine Corps truck. Someone added a 3 speed Spicer "Brownie" Auxilliary transmission giving it a total of 30 speeds so it should run 70+ mph.

Hope to see you again one of thease days,

Treven.

Masamunect

New in Town
Beautiful jeep. I have a 1946 Willys CJ-2A I'm in the midst of restoring...
I may have to rebuild the intire rear axle. ...the list goes on. The aftermarket brake light in the back works so does the instruments as for their accuracy it's unknown. But there's a ray of light! The cigarette lighter still works.

Ah yes, the other wheels. The '39 Master deluxe is... somewhat my mother's.

But I do have a '64 El Camino

And a http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/Masamunect/mercedes190_2.jpg

We used to have a '52 Chevy pickup, 7 window? or 6? It had the corner windows. But sold it last year. Same with our 1931 Model A tudor sedan.

Jay

Practically Family
I'll throw in my car as well since I just happened to take a picture of it today. A 1987 Pontiac Trans Am
IMG_0007.jpg

20 years old, certainly not vintage, but my Dad bought it new in '87 (at age 54!) and I've loved it since I was born.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
yachtsilverswan said:
I'm not the only member of my family to admire the handsome lines and bulletproof craftsmanship of 1950s era Cadillacs.

My great-aunt bought a new Cadillac Coupe DeVille (1950 or 1951) and drove the car daily until her death 40 years later. She was widely recognized in her small Southern town as a tuft of blue hair just visible above the massive steering wheel. She was a seemstress and dressmaker, and made most of her own clothes to match the two tone color scheme of her Cadillac.

A beautiful collection of cars, Mr. Silver Swan. Your great aunt's car is a '53. The front bumper dagmars indicate that. Those are my favorite year, especially the Coupe de Ville, and I would love to own one.

My car is a little bit newer. I have a 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom. That's the model name; it's not a custom car. I haven't yet figured out how to attach photos, so Im sorry that I can't show it to you at this time.

Lee

Jay said:
I'll throw in my car as well since I just happened to take a picture of it today. A 1987 Pontiac Trans Am
[image snipped]
20 years old, certainly not vintage, but my Dad bought it new in '87 (at age 54!) and I've loved it since I was born.

Nice! I'm looking at a couple of early thirdgens (non-T/A) for an advanced R&D project myself.

*preparing to duck incoming fire for non-vintage vehicular preferences*

Rafter

Suspended
My family were Oldsmobile loyalists.

My father's 1976 Cutlass Supreme

Still riding this one.
Oldsmobile.JPG

Flivver

Practically Family
Rafter said:
My family were Oldsmobile loyalists.

My father's 1976 Cutlass Supreme

Still riding this one.
Oldsmobile.JPG

That's a great looking Olds, Rafter!

My first car was an Olds...a 1967 Delmont 88 Holiday Coupe with a 425 cid V8. I drove it more than 250K miles. Still have a soft spot for Oldsmobiles and was VERY didappointed when GM cancelled the brand.

One of my favorite movie quotes comes from Jean Shepherd's "Christmas Story" where he says:

"Some men are Baptists, some are Methodists...my father was an Oldsmobile man".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana