Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
Picked this little gem up at a bargain today!

Colonypark1.jpg

ColonyPark2.jpg

Funny you mention that, when I showed up, the guy goes "It's the WagonQueen Family Truckster. I also have another woodie wagon sitting around here. Just never drive it.

Picked this little gem up at a bargain today!

So he tells us he got a bargain but then doesn't say how much he paid for it.

C'mon, Tom, give it up!

P.S. In a pinch, maybe you could pick up a few extra bucks tending to the unanticipated demand down at the local cut-rate funeral parlor. That little bit of body damage wouldn't put 'em off, I'd think.

Last edited:
I could do double! I have two station wagons! I talked him down from $2,200 to $1,300. I figured that was a fair enough deal considering the interior is in mint condition and it only has 88,000 miles. Elderly owned is always a plus too. Little engine wear, just plenty of brake wear! Thank God they had been replaced!

So he tells us he got a bargain but then doesn't say how much he paid for it.

C'mon, Tom, give it up!

P.S. In a pinch, maybe you could pick up a few extra bucks tending to the unanticipated demand down at the local cut-rate funeral parlor. That little bit of body damage wouldn't put 'em off, I'd think.

Took these today. My other station wagon isn't in them, sadly. The green Buick in the center went on its way to a new owner today, just down the road. Hope he enjoys it!

2011-05-14155847.jpg

If you look hard, you can just barely see my Caprice wagon in the background.
2011-05-14155835.jpg

Last edited:
I could do double! I have two station wagons! I talked him down from $2,200 to $1,300. I figured that was a fair enough deal considering the interior is in mint condition and it only has 88,000 miles. Elderly owned is always a plus too. Little engine wear, just plenty of brake wear! Thank God they had been replaced!

And then there's the price of gasoline these days. Big ol' station wagons typically don't incite bidding wars when gas runs four bucks a gallon.

Me, I'd like an early '90s Lincoln Town Car, and this would be a good time to get a good price on a nice low-mileage example. But we have far more pressing needs and wants around here than a fourth car.

At 21 mpg, the Merc gets the best mileage out of my cars. The pickup gets around 17 on a good day, and the Caprice gets maybe 20 on a good day.

The Town Car is a great car as well, also a Ford Panther Platform vehicle, but with a 4.6 liter V8. I'd guess around 24mpg. That's what my Crown Victorias got about.

What's wrong with the Caprice? I've had that car since I was 17 and been through hell and back in it lol Someone else's problem is right about the Buick. 20 miles is about all I put on it, maybe 30 and hundreds of dollars and many hours of labor into fixing crap that constantly went to pot on it.

Tom, the Mercury is good, the Caprice sucks, and the Buick???? Well, at least it's someone else's problem.

At 21 mpg, the Merc gets the best mileage out of my cars. The pickup gets around 17 on a good day, and the Caprice gets maybe 20 on a good day.

The Town Car is a great car as well, also a Ford Panther Platform vehicle, but with a 4.6 liter V8. I'd guess around 24mpg. That's what my Crown Victorias got about.

These days almost all my driving is in-town, and for that I am grateful. (There was a time when it seemed I was spending most of my life on Interstate 5. I do not miss that time at all.) In a vehicle that might get a tad over 20 mpg on the highway, I'm getting about 15. But even with four-buck gas, I'm not spending all that much, as I'm not covering many miles. There are days I never leave home, and on a typical day I drive maybe 10 or 15 miles, if that.

Still, though, among my favorite things are long car trips. There's much to be seen through a windshield, even when traveling through a whole lot of nowhere.

Last edited:

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Tom, no sarcasm at all. The Country Squire and Colony Park are probably my favorite cars of the last 25 years.

I'd love one with a healthy stroker, dual Flowmasters, and 17-inch Bullitt Mustang wheels (or maybe black steelies, skinny whites, and '52 hubcaps - like my Falcon).

The fact that I can't justify owning one while they're all being demolition derbied breaks my heart.

-Dave

Care to elaborate? I'm a Chevy man, and the Caprice is my favorite of their cars, so I'm curious why the rage?

If I drove a Chevrolet Caprice to Hell, I'd leave it there; they deserve each other.

When I was in High School all my driving was in town and I drove that Caprice Wagon, got about 12-15 mpg. Now I work in Portage and live in Pardeeville and all my driving is Highway and Interstate (to visit my folks) and it's nice to have the Colony Park now that gets 21 average over my truck that gets 17 on a good day, down hill, in neutral, with a strong wind behind it! The 4 buck gas hurts, too! I put on about 30 miles a day, and probably 45 on the weekends give or take.
These days almost all my driving is in-town, and for that I am grateful. (There was a time when it seemed I was spending most of my life on Interstate 5. I do not miss that time at all.) In a vehicle that might get a tad over 20 mpg on the highway, I'm getting about 15. But even with four-buck gas, I'm not spending all that much, as I'm not covering many miles. There are days I never leave home, and on a typical day I drive maybe 10 or 15 miles, if that.

Still, though, among my favorite things are long car trips. There's much to be seen through a windshield, even when traveling through a whole lot of nowhere.

I tried to buy a 77 Squire with a 460 in it and the guy said he'd hold it (friend of mine) but sold it regardless for 900 bucks. She was clean and ran like a top, even had the 8-track with a lawrence welk tape in it lol I am not so sore about it now, with gas where it's at! The window sticker's EPA Gas Rating was 8 city, 12 highway.
Tom, no sarcasm at all. The Country Squire and Colony Park are probably my favorite cars of the last 25 years.

I'd love one with a healthy stroker, dual Flowmasters, and 17-inch Bullitt Mustang wheels (or maybe black steelies, skinny whites, and '52 hubcaps - like my Falcon).

The fact that I can't justify owning one while they're all being demolition derbied breaks my heart.

-Dave

The car's a 1990 with the 5.0 302 with a custom exhaust that sounds outstanding!
What year is the Colony Park?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner