Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
I am int he city and they are in plain view as well. They just know better now after I replied with charges of harassment. :p The police backed off. :p

I am sympathetic to how you feel, and to him also. He is single, easy going, and did not want to put up with the heartache. He also wants to move out of where he is into the countryside when he can. We would like him to come with us when we move. He is a great guy, and can fix almost ANYTHING, if it can be fix at all.

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
I have a 58 Super Rocket and a few Bantams.

I have a few Camperas. They are decent but not exactly super fast.

My 1966 Campera looks like this:
m21camperart.jpg

That's a pretty critter. Thanks for the look.

Here's one of mine, a 1969 BMW R69US (i.e. an R69S equipped with scrambler bars, die Motor Werken's first telescopic forks, and a phatbutt seat). Not so all-fired fast, nor wildly collectible, but she's as reliable as a two-bladed Swiss pocketknife and makes me smile every time I ride her.

51KAToUC6jL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-65,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Last edited:
It's a 5 minute drive to go get it, so as long as the price is right, I'd take it. We've been friends for years and he says the car has been in storage all his life, he's in his mid 20's. I think he'd make sure I got it for a bargain.

Luckily, my parents let me keep cars by them and they have 40 acres in the country. Even still, so long as the cars are all registered, there's nothing that can be done about them.

If the price is right you might want to consider it, also it has a known history and has been garage kept. On the other hand you could hold out and get a LeBaron which was their top shelf model, or go further up market and get a Lincoln!

My brother in Florida had one of these and had to get rid of it because a neighbor complained he had too many cars. Mind you they all ran, none of them were junkers, and all but the one he drove every day were in his stockade fenced back yard with a matching gate, hence they could not even be seen from the street. I wish I had know when he got ride of it, he ended up all but giving it and the other cars away so as not to get into a disagreement with the town. Some neighbors are just a nice piece of work.

[video=youtube;HdpBFPnTjdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdpBFPnTjdw&feature=fvwrel[/video]

Interbak

One of the Regulars
James,

Love the Bully! I used to have a '78 350 Aplina, great bike to ride, most stubborn starting thing I've ever owned. I've still got a '79 Montesa Cota 348 collecting dust in the shed, I'll have to pull it out and clean it up. My normal rides are various Nortons ranging from '62 to '72, there are pictures of them over in the Motorcycle thread.

Brian

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
DSC_0040-500x332.jpg

Little yeller truck, unfortunately after the original hubcaps were stolen. Original driveline, from the oil bath air cleaner to the torque tube-encased driveshaft. 1954 was the last year of the turret cab, and the first year of partial-pressure oiling. Has a one-piece windshield, "Jimmy Durante" grill snout, and comfort seat. This one's also got the optional farmer 4-speed instead of a column shift. Everything on it's pretty much original except for the heater core ('78 Ford), the rear step bumper, and the lumps of Bondo. Still six volts of thundering fury with a full 105 stampeding ponies (the Jimmies got 115 hp, and sometimes automatic transmissions).

This one belongs to my daughter in Portland now. Still need to get with her and replace the old heart pine bed, maybe with purpleheart. Repro hubcaps are ordered. :)

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
I love that truck. Great color scheme. Reminds me of this one:

1950InternationalL110autobodyed.jpg

Did you paint on your whitewalls?

An old cornbinder! Joy...

No, the wide whites (not actually so appropriate for an aulde pharme trucke, but I like 'em) are Cokers that were put on at Les Schwab. When I picked up the truck, it was wearing chrome moons with 60-series radials. Made 'er an unutterable b----h to steer. The whites are tall, bias ply skinnies as G-D and the General intended, and the truck handles much better for it.

They don't make the whitewall juice like they used to, I guess. Sloughs off something fierce in the rain. Good thing it doesn't rain much in western Washington. ;)

James,

Love the Bully! I used to have a '78 350 Aplina, great bike to ride, most stubborn starting thing I've ever owned. I've still got a '79 Montesa Cota 348 collecting dust in the shed, I'll have to pull it out and clean it up. My normal rides are various Nortons ranging from '62 to '72, there are pictures of them over in the Motorcycle thread.

Brian

I had a chance to pick up a Norton a few weeks ago. I didn't know enough about it to tell if it was worth the $3000 he wanted for it though.

An old cornbinder! Joy...

No, the wide whites (not actually so appropriate for an aulde pharme trucke, but I like 'em) are Cokers that were put on at Les Schwab. When I picked up the truck, it was wearing chrome moons with 60-series radials. Made 'er an unutterable b----h to steer. The whites are tall, bias ply skinnies as G-D and the General intended, and the truck handles much better for it.

They don't make the whitewall juice like they used to, I guess. Sloughs off something fierce in the rain. Good thing it doesn't rain much in western Washington. ;)

Try the Diamond Back classic radial wide whites. They make a heck of a difference in my 57 GMC. :D
http://www.classic-usa-cars.com/diamond2.html

-Max-

New in Town
I'm not much into cars, but I do like scooters. I used to ride a vintage Vespa, but for various reasons I got rid of it. I went without a ride for about a year, then bought a new "vintage style" scooter, basically a Vespa clone, and have been very happy with it.

My current ride, a 2009 Genuine Motor Co. Stella:
current-scooter.jpg

My older ride, with which I had a complicated relationship,

Me on it about the time I got it:
old-scooter-001.jpg

And after I spent a ridiculous amount of money adding go-faster parts to it (and painted it a few times):
old-scooter-002.jpg

I spent a great deal of money on those after-market engine and exhaust parts, and of course no money upgrading the suspension or brakes, so it was kind of a scary ride. It went WAY faster than it was ever intended to, but like most hot rod vehicles it spent more time in the garage than on the road, and it cost me an arm and a leg to maintain, so I sold it.

Now I've got a factory stock modern version of it, and it's very nice. It starts when I want it to, it STOPS when I want it to, and I never worry about the engine exploding anymore. It's got a 150cc instead of the old 200cc (which I bumped up to 210cc on the older bike), so I'm lucky to get 55mph, but it's reliable and fun.

Carlo

New in Town
My 1949 Dodge Wayfarer Coupe. A one-owner car before I bought it, and since I got it from my aunt, still a one-family car.
leftfront.jpg

A shot of the engine bay. Definately NOT my aunt's car any more. Engine done up by me with some vintage mopar hotrod items.
redheaddodge4.jpg

A "true" coupe. No place to even put a back seat!
leftside.jpg

Carlo

New in Town
Thanks for the kind words.

I think Chrysler had a single engine factory that produced engines for all four branches (Chrysler, De Soto, Dodge and Plymouth) with minor variations on two platforms, one base engine for Chrysler and De Soto, and one for Dodge and Plymouth. Chrysler and De Soto got the "big sixes", and Dodge and Plymouth got the "small sixes". The Dodge engine was 231 ci and the Plymouth was 219 ci.
All were flathead engines.
That's not to mention the truck, marine (which was produced up into the 1990's!) and industrial variations, which consisted of versions of the two automotive engines, with larger engine platforms running up as high as 413 ci (still a flathead 6, not to be confused with the later 413 "wedge head" high performance V8)

Prolly more than you ever wanted to know about mopar engines, but since you asked...

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Carlo,

Nice Coupe! You may not have room for a back seat but you have a HUGE trunk! You could probably stuff a few bodies in there and hit the drive in movie in Newburg. If you near there that is.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran