Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Wild Root

Gone Home
It's up! A thread dedicated to vintage 1920's to 1950's autos... I've laid out most of the stuff I've done with my car to keep it running. Check it out in Steamer Trunk under: Daily Drivers: 1920's to 1950's autos.

I'll update it when I have work done to Jenny but, others are free to share their experiences with driving a vintage auto (No 1960's or 1980's cars PLEASE!!!) everyday or as a primary driver.

Should be fun!

=WR=

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've shown this...

971311bb.jpg

...in the transmission thread but it's worth repeating. My Dad was a Chevy man so I can only assume that what this is. (Can anybody really indentify it?)

This was taken in Miami in the olden days! (That is probably the late '20's)

-dixon cannon

Wild Root

Gone Home
Check this out...

I found this ad for a 1924 Chevy... I think this is the car!

1924ChevroletFSuperior-Adv.jpg

The one you have pictured is I believe a two door, this is a four door but, I think it's the same year!

=WR=

Dixon Cannon

Yep!

Wild Root said:
I found this ad for a 1924 Chevy... I think this is the car!

1924ChevroletFSuperior-Adv.jpg

The one you have pictured is I believe a two door, this is a four door but, I think it's the same year!

=WR=

That sure looks like it, doesn't it Wid Root! Thanks for the research!

-dixon cannon

Wild Root

Gone Home
Sure thing! Any time my friend! I was really curious to see what it was too... I just took a stab at the year... looked at the wheels and guessed early 20's and came up with this ad.

=WR=

Bespoke

New in Town
When four wheels're too many...

XS650-pair.jpg

'72 Yamaha XS2 (on left) I've driven (without incident) for 30 years

...and two're too few...
bcd06.jpg

'79 Triumph Spitfire (full body-off restoration completed in '86)

jeep44

One of the Regulars
10 years ago, I bought a '41 Dodge WC 1/2 pickup truck-a 4x4. It was a rusty hulk with a frozen-up engine that had sat out for years. Over the years, I fitfully worked on it,in between other projects. This spring, I was looking at it,and realized it had not moved from where I put it in the pole barn since '96,so I resolved to myself that I would drive it out by the end of summer. I rewired it, piped up the fuel system, and all sorts of other details, and finally started it last friday-what a great feeling. After a lot of adjusting, and fine tuning, it is running like a clock, and I did indeed drive it out and around the yard today. Right now, it is just a bare cab sitting on the frame,with no interior,and a cushion for a seat -but it runs and drives!. Now I will finish it up over the winter,and have it on the road soon. These old Chrysler flathead sixes are great engines-I wouldn't hesitate to drive one anywhere!

Terry Lennox

Suspended
Bespoke said:
...and two're too few...
bcd06.jpg

'79 Triumph Spitfire (full body-off restoration completed in '86)

Just curious but why would you do a full body off restro on a 6 year old car?

Love the bike! What sort of gas milage does it get?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Here's my retro fake.

One of the nice things about the PT Cruiser is that its very easy (and fairly inexpensive) to "chrome it up".

I've added some chrome trim to mine, as well as a chrome grille, bumper accents, hubcaps, headlight frames and taillight covers:

ChevaliersCar011_edited-1.jpg

ChevaliersCar012_edited-1.jpg

ChevaliersCar013.jpg

ChevaliersCar014.jpg

ChevaliersCar018_edited-1.jpg

ChevaliersCar017_edited-1.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Marc Chevalier said:
Thanks Daisy! I really enjoyed mine for the first year; then it started having problems. (Alternator, leakage) :(

Oh, I'm sorry about that. I've been through alternator problems before, it's no fun :( I had a 97 Volkswagen Cabrio that was the cutest looking car, but had way too many problems.
Now my car isn't vintage at all, but it is completely problem free. It's a Volvo and I just love it. Someday, I'll have a vintage car for the weekends. I hope to be driving my Volvo 30 years from now! But, every few years I get the car bug, I have a feeling that's going to happen soon.

Viviene

Vendor
I just love my PT Cruiser. I'm showing you a picture of DH's because I haven't taken a photo of mine yet. It was a lot of fun customizing the car with the flames, 1959 Cadillac Rocket lights and I made custom seat covers. He also has the moon hubcaps and the dice door lock pulls. There is now a hula girl on the dashboard. He did have fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror but the police in New Jersey ticketed him for obstructing his view. Anyhow here is the "Flaming Eggplant" as my dear departed mother called it.

20855355_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points