Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Here's a little of my junk :)
1960 Cadillac coupe Deville, the "dream" since 8 years old. purchased and driven daily when I can for the last 7 years.

I'm impressed that it's in RHD, here in the UK we only see one off American imports and therefore always in LHD. Doesn't Australia have a law forbidding LHD cars, except for things like museum display?

My baby Austin which unfortunately left the fold this week
An Austin A35, Wallis & Gromit rule!

Slowly Slowly she it being restored... This is "Ugly Betty" my campervan.

I ran a fleet of these as delivery vans back in the early eighties. For VW's they were dreadful. From that awful handbrake configuration to an engine that after six months use, sounded like a can of ball bearings being shaken around.

Lastly my daily "Bricktop" my one off build S type Jag, lots of goodies, lots of speed, cmon guys and gals, everybody needs an heater and an airconditioner occasionally :)

For heater, put an extra coat on. For air conditioner, open the sunroof. For de-mister, wind the windscreen open. Where's your spirit of fun?

Jimmy Cadillac

New in Town
Mine is one of two 1960 cad right hookers Ive seen here, it was converted in Australia in 1973 and trimmed at the same time. It was a damn shame to get rid of the Austin but I'm trying to build two motorbikes and something had to go> re the VW, SHAME ON YOU!!! :) Its the only one we know of in Australia, yes it sounds like an Aircooled VW :) because I lost the exhaust gaskets somewhere on the Nullaboor Plain :) but she's a rocket and I love her ugliness :)
I'm impressed that it's in RHD, here in the UK we only see one off American imports and therefore always in LHD. Doesn't Australia have a law forbidding LHD cars, except for things like museum display?

An Austin A35, Wallis & Gromit rule!

I ran a fleet of these as delivery vans back in the early eighties. For VW's they were dreadful. From that awful handbrake configuration to an engine that after six months use, sounded like a can of ball bearings being shaken around.

For heater, put an extra coat on. For air conditioner, open the sunroof. For de-mister, wind the windscreen open. Where's your spirit of fun?

Jimmy Cadillac

New in Town
Oh and rule wise

You can drive Lefty's or righties here with no ugly big stickers or inspections, in the East of Australia a left hand drive still has to go over the inspection every year but here in the west we can do what we want (insert yay here) :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Pillar less cars look terrible with the windows up my friend :)
she's got a beautiful Italian Shoe leather interior too (just to rub it in), I'll see if I can find a pic :)

Nevertheless, I still roll up the windows on my 1959 Oldsmobile, 1957 Chevrolet and my 1955 Chevrolet. It can get cold here. :p
A nice interior is a good thing. One of these days I will get my hands on a 1959 Cadillac…..

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh and rule wise

You can drive Lefty's or righties here with no ugly big stickers or inspections, in the East of Australia a left hand drive still has to go over the inspection every year but here in the west we can do what we want (insert yay here) :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
I didn't notice it until you brought up the fact, that the car is a right hand drive.
I never knew those existed.
Now I'm a man of the world (I've been across the Mason-Dixon line), but honestly I've never seen a Cadillac of that year with a RHD wheel.
Very nice, and the color is perfect!

Jimmy Cadillac

New in Town
Thanks bud
As i said the car was converted in 1973 in Melbourne, the dash is fibreglass, but you'd never tell, it runs a 1960 Pontiac steering box and is mirror finish under the hood, drives terrific
I run traditional cross plys on her with the combination of Airbags this gives a great ride and is the only cross ply car Ive driven that goes around corners :)
the thing runs on rails if I put my Radials on it and it will sit on the ground :)
Note the street name

Just found this old 71 Mustang magazine ad at a local estate sale. Remember this, James?

1971mustang.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I would have thought you knew the lovely lady :p

Far for me to mention a web site called dailymotion. Sounds like something the nurse says before offering you a bedpan.
On dailymotion you need to search for:
Toyota Supra Drifting.
Nuff said, I don't want to be banned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats