Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
This is for Stetson who asked to see more of my car's interior..

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
John K Stetson said:
Thanks Darhling - quite a nice combination. I don't think I've seen the steering wheel in two-tone before! All that and manual transmission too!

Oh yes, manual transmission is the best! I prefer that much more than an automatic transmission.

I really like the combination, together with the steelplate in the middle where the radio, heating etc is. Also the inside of the roof is also beige.

That just confirms it! Have I mentioned there's something downright, in modern vernacular, hot about a gal who's into performance-driving?

Embarrassed that I'm stuck with automatics for my project due to control-computer requirements... OTOH, I'm also trying to design it so that the computer actually enhances performance, tweaking timings and everything else for best effect, along with being a full "autopilot". (Then again, these are conceived as endurance machines, not for quarter-miles--I'm designing purpose-built Cannonballers!)

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Oh I don't know, My Mach1 has an automatic, and still does 0-60 in 5 seconds flat out of tune (4.5 in). Although it is pulling about 7k RPM to hit 150mph (damn 3 speeds). I think Sticks are over rated for the most part. Especially on road cars. But thats just me.

Madcap, original prescription from five years ago was for a 4L60E/4L80E 4-speed, but now I'm trying to find a CVT (continuously-variable; think Subaru WRX) that'll fit into a Firebird transmission-tunnel and connect to a GM engine.

Speaking of which, I'm also trying to figure out how to build a smallblock to reliably and safely operate at 10-15,000RPM sustained... perhaps ditching the timing gear-chain and using an electric motor tied into the control-computers here also. I know a guy who was hatching an idea about electromagnetically-controlled valves, which would also let the computer adjust duration, doing away with the camshaft/lifters and their engine-load (and rotating weight) entirely... then again, all this might necessitate a model-name change from Firebird to Pontiac "Blackbird".

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Our '52 Willys M38A1 in the Memorial Day parade:

100_2899.jpg

My brother & I bought this jeep over 10 years ago and finally got it restored to the point where it is reliable enough to drive regularly. It's not quite finished, but only really missing some minor details now.

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
The 73 Z28................wow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my fav, it could catch a wheel in all the gears,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

jamespowers said:
Yours looks like the one in the James Bond movie. :D
A film boo-boo in Diamonds Are Forever is the scene during the big car chase in downtown Vegas. It is where Bond puts the Mustang up on two wheels to go thru the narrow alley-way. When it emerges out of the alley way, the Mustang is up on the other side wheels. That is why there is a strange supposed flipping of sides shown from the interior that actually can't be done.:eusa_doh:

John in Covina said:
A film boo-boo in Diamonds Are Forever is the scene during the big car chase in downtown Vegas. It is where Bond puts the Mustang up on two wheels to go thru the narrow alley-way. When it emerges out of the alley way, the Mustang is up on the other side wheels. That is why there is a strange supposed flipping of sides shown from the interior that actually can't be done.:eusa_doh:

Yep, that's the movie I was thinking of. I dunno about the two wheels thing. Sometimes if you have the 351 or larger engine, pressing hard on the pedal can make you feel like you went from one set of wheels to the other. ;) :p
My car, as mentioned in the @%^*) thread is in the shop. The front end is a mess after going into a trailer hitch. Only about $7,000 worth of damage!:eusa_doh: ;) Fortunately the insurance company will make old Double Eagle as good as or better than new. A little arm twisting helps. "Let's see, I have that insured with your company for $17,000. Either fix it right or give me the 17 grand." That tends to work with the bean counters. :p ;)

GWD

One Too Many
1959 Nash Metropolitan

I just picked this car up for a buddy of mine, he bought it for is wife for their 20th wedding anniversary. I don't think I would want one, but it sure gets alot of looks.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Three on the tree and 0-60 in 30 seconds flat! Top speed 68!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Not a Nash.

Nash and Hudson ceased to exist after '57. In '59 it's just a Metropolitan. An AMC Metropolitan, I guess (though AMC badged all its cars besides the Metro as "Ramblers" until the middle sixties).

Cool little car. I used to think they were girlie, but in black and white I like it pretty well. It would be a good candidate for a modern aluminum V6 and a 5-speed transmission. Fifties styling and 21st Century performance.

I'm guessing since they used the same engine as Austins and Morrises, that any swap you could do into an MGB would be fair game into a Metro (i.e. GM 2.8/3.1L V6; Buick/Rover 215 V8).

-Dave

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
I just picked this car up for a buddy of mine, he bought it for is wife for their 20th wedding anniversary. I don't think I would want one, but it sure gets alot of looks.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Three on the tree and 0-60 in 30 seconds flat! Top speed 68!

SWEEEEET! ;)

Lee

Talbot

One Too Many
Great cars here guys.

Mine, just a low mileage survivor I converted to RHD.

Chalky paint, pitted chrome and engine fumes - it doesn't get much better I reckon

chevy.JPG

IMGP1108.jpg

IMGP1115.jpg

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Talbot said:
Mine, just a low mileage survivor I converted to RHD.

Chalky paint, pitted chrome and engine fumes - it doesn't get much better I reckon

IMGP1115.jpg

How come you let the passenger drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR