Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Mike1973

A-List Customer
poggleberry said:
CIMG1833.jpg

CIMG1830.jpg

Here are a couple of photos I recently took of our Nissan Pao on a trip to St Andrews, Scotland. We did get slightly stuck in the sand but it was worth it.
(Please advise on how to display photo rather than a link, I have searched but with no success, thanks)

Easy fix Poggleberry! Just select the bottom one of the four links you get in photobucket, and copy and paste as you did before.

CIMG1833.jpg

CIMG1830.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
CIMG1683.jpg

Thanks Mike1973, fellow Brit.
Love the bug, here's my Skoda on the MCC Edinburgh Trial last November, doing the Lands End Trial this Bank Holiday weekend with my Dad, it's been sat for a while so it's getting prepped this week.

Transportation.

How do you get around? Do you have a modern means of conveyence or do you prefer to have something that fits your personality?

I have a couple vehicles, but only drive one daily, as the rest are ongoing projects. My daily driver is a piece of Americana in my own opinion. She's a 1987 Chevy Caprice Estate Station Wagon, one look and it'll take you back to the old days :)
GrandmaAndGrandpaVisit035.jpg

My next one to be road worthy is a beautiful 1958 Chevy Del-Ray which I bought from my dad and is going through a lot of work. I am in the midst of the installation of the Engine and Transmission, which are in, but I am still plumbing them, hopefull she'll be on the road soon.
seniorpics010.jpg

Another one, that the engine was sent out to be professionally built is this 1957 Chevy 210 4-Door. Which is my Dad's, but you can bet I'll be driving it!
seniorpics007-1.jpg

And finally, my Mom's 1952 Ford F-2 Pickup. Hope there's some Automobile Aficianado's who will enjoy these.
ModelAand52Ford025.jpg

Thanks!

Well, I kinda left this thread behind and started another car one, so to be fair, I figured I'd post pics of my very first car in here. I'm a young feller and this was only 2 years ago. But this car was my pride and joy.

I paid 2500 for it on eBay, and it looked much better than in these pictures before her untimley demise. Betsy, as my girlfriend at the time named her, got T-boned at the busiest intersection in town by my gym teacher! The frame was rotted (50 year old Illinois Car) and she crumpled like a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I had a blast with it while it was in service though. Had a beast of a 350 with a Holley 950 Carb and a 2 speed Powerglide Transmission. Manual windows, seats, steering, brakes, no seatbelts. I used to take the turns fast so that my little brother and sister would hit the door LOL. I poured my heart and soul into making that engine and interior look like new, the outside was in great shape, but she was a bondoed beauty. I plan on selling my 58 Chevy when I finish it and buying a 60 Chevy once more. Still my favorite!
My60Chevy012.jpg

My60Chevy003.jpg

7498_3.jpg

7412_3.jpg

Professor

A-List Customer
A Series of Jalopies

I've owned a dozen vehicles over the years, starting back in '97...
'85 Nissan Sentra
'89 Plymouth Reliant
'66 Buick Wildcat
'84 Nissan Sentra
'93 Dodge Dynasty
'90 Ford Festiva
'71 Chevrolet Impala
IMG_0002-2.jpg

'87 Buick Somerset
trimmed_0003.jpg

'92 Cadillac Eldorado
'01 Buick Century
'90 Buick Reatta
IMG_1845.jpg

and my current wheels, a '95 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight
IMG_2765.jpg

The Wildcat was my favorite, but I never got a photo of it! :( It was a four-door pillarless hardtop with the "Wildcat 445" 401 four-barrel, what a blast!

Oh, and to answer Tom's question, the Impala had a 350 four-barrel. It originally belonged to the Rialto Chief of Police, Sid Jones, and was a cool car. :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The MTA!

Having lived in New York City most of my life, I'm entirely dependent on public transportation. I never even got a driver's license till I was 56 (incredible as that may seem), and I really only feel comfortable driving on empty rural roads in broad daylight.
I did sort of get the hang of a stick shift, though, and as I've stated many times before, my dream is to own a 1941 Buick Century. lol

donCarlos

Practically Family
Exactly as dhermann said, there is no need to ride around the city by any other means than public transport. It´s cheap, effective, quite reliable and speking for Prague - safe.

People around me are starting to push me into getting a driver´s licence very hard, but I´m still not sure what benefit it would bring to me. Maybe I´ll die younger, but that´s all.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Hey guys! Maybe we should push for starting a Vintage Public Transport section of the Lounge!

I admit that I used to be an absolute gear-head - a streetrod and bike nut - but I gave up driving and riding around nine years ago and I've never looked back. Walk, run, 'bus and train. It's all you need. You stay fit and can really live up to that serious outdoor clothing you own...

RebeccaDoll

Familiar Face
I walk everywhere, small city so everything is relativly in walking distance and our Public Transport is terrible, I would have to take 2 buses, travel for 45 minutes not including waiting at the stops, to get to a place it would take me 20 minutes to walk. So I walk the hour to the University rather than spend the hours on the bus!
My city is a University, Retirement town, and I have lived her most of my life and I am really the only walker in the whole place. The Buses are packed with the elderly and snobby students from down south so I would have to stand for the hour on the bus anyway, might as well walk!

Though -30 degrees C is enough to make me consider a bus pass or a driver licence some mornings.

donCarlos

Practically Family
H.Johnson said:
Hey guys! Maybe we should push for starting a Vintage Public Transport section of the Lounge!
Good idea! I think I´ll be able to contribute quite a lot... All in all, I study it :)

THe Conductor

One of the Regulars
79' GM 3000HP SD40-2 (locomotive) with a V16-645E (16 cylinders displacing 645 cubic inches each)

ToomuchFun.jpg

And when not working I drive this:

carsnow.jpg

2002 Jeep Liberty (Crummy photo.) If only I could trade it for a 30s Buick.

Twit

One of the Regulars
poggleberry said:
Love the bug, here's my Skoda on the MCC Edinburgh Trial last November, doing the Lands End Trial this Bank Holiday weekend with my Dad, it's been sat for a while so it's getting prepped this week.

How did you go?

I was meant to be om the Lands End this year but had to work very last minute, my mate did it (number 38) and we'll definetly be doing the Edinburgh later in the year. We are on bikes and hopefully I'll have the AJS into good spec for the Edinburgh.

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Hi Twit,
It's great someone knows about the MCC on The FL.
We left the house at about 7pm for a 12.35am start, joined the A5 at Wrexham and got as far as Oswestry! the clutch started slipping, the clutch slave cylinder was at fault, too dark to fix. Crept back home very, very disappointed. Poor Skoda.
We still went down early on Saturday morning to spectate, we went to two stages one near Burlawn where there's a stone shelf and the famous Blue Hills.
It was strange being a spectator rather than a competitor, but you could still feel the adrenaline from the competitors, and I took loads of photo's and video clips.
I'm sorry you didn't make it, hope your friend had a good ride.
One thing I did miss was the large cooked breakfast, I always look forward to it. I'll keep an eye out for you at the Edinburgh, the Skoda will come back to life. My dad's doing the Land's End next year on his motorbike, he also rides an AJS, I'll be in the Skoda with my boyfriend navigating.
Regards
Poggleberry
CIMG1891.jpg

CIMG1894.jpg

CIMG1929-1.jpg

CIMG1930.jpg

CIMG1877.jpg

DustMite

New in Town
All American Garage.

Pride and joy is my lovely 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 fastback, 289 V8 (4,7Lt). nice and white. On-going project to keep it good, had it for about 10 years now. Also, 1942 Willys MB (jeep), great fun with all the kit and uniforms that go with the 40's war time theme. Last, my '99 Harley Davidson XL1200 Sportster. Always have liked the American style. Their vehicles dont have to go 180mph, otherwise, you are not seen in them, cruise, and everybody sees you !!!!

newmus6.jpg

jeepmore1.jpg

hog3.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
DustMite said:
1942 Willys MB (jeep), great fun with all the kit and uniforms that go with the 40's war time theme. Last, my '99 Harley Davidson XL1200 Sportster. Always have liked the American style.

jeepmore1.jpg

I love that Jeep!

How easy is it to source a "period correct" Jeep in the UK at the moment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR