Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
All nice vehicles on that page, but I love this:

Django said:
My Dad's 3 window.
Dad_2.jpg

Django

New in Town
OldSoul said:
I don't think Django should be allowed in here! He just strolls in, points to the parking lot and goes "Oh yeah, those are all mine, no biggy." haha welcome man, love your 5-window.

Hahaha! Sorry man! :)

Dig your Model A. I love the 28-29s and I'm impressed that you kept the fenders!!! :D

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Django said:
Hahaha! Sorry man! :)

Dig your Model A. I love the 28-29s and I'm impressed that you kept the fenders!!! :D

Thanks. I get th efenders thing a lot...and honestly, when I get my other chassis done (picked up my 394 Rocket last weekend) I may go fenderles... :eusa_doh:

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Waaa-hoooooo!

Took my coupe out on a "shakedown run" that ended up being 150+kms by the time we got home! Minimal hiccups, ran like a top! Here are a couple photos, hope you enjoy:

IMG_0436.jpg

6160_108268994367_677374367_2070023.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

6160_108269014367_677374367_2070027.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Envious

Thanks everyone for showing us your beautiful cars. I sure wish I had a beauty to share with you but right now I don't even have a car.lol We just sold our 1992 (I think it was '92) Mercury Capri and all we have left to drive is our horrible Infiniti and it's not worth showing.

The best cars that I've owned were a 1969 Mustang (my first car) and a 1972 Jaguar SJ6. Here is a photo of a red 1972 jag similar to mine (mine was white w/red leather interior).

3m53p63l15O45S55R698f162d571b75191ae5.jpg

3p33o43l75O35Qd5Se98fa94833515d601897.jpg

My ex-husband and I bought the car to restore. The body and interior were in perfect condition but the car didn't run. We spent a fortune trying to get it fixed. When we had our first child we no longer had any spare cash for the jag so we finally sold the car without every having driven it. :(

The closest I got to driving it was sitting in it in the backyard and pretending that I was driving it. lol I sure hope whoever bought it finally drove the darn thing.

epr25

Practically Family
Ok we just won this last night. It is a 52 Mercury. They don't have a make listed just as sedan. So if anyone out there know more about this car please contact me.

car.jpg
[/IMG]

OldSoul

Familiar Face
I like how they have the headlight bezels painted to match the car, makes the headlights look like they have been frenched. What are your plans for the ol' Merc?

Flivver

Practically Family
That's a great looking Dodge, 50sgal.

Here in the U.S., that vehicle was sold as a Plymouth Fury. The fullsize Dodge Polara sold here had different sheetmetal giving a very different look.

I love seeing Australian and Canadian versions of American cars. The Canadian cars were quite commonplace here in New England because of our proximity to Quebec. But, I selsom get to see the Australian versions.

Judging from the emblem on the front fender of your Dodge, I'd guess your car has the bulletproof Chrysler "318" V8 under the hood.

One of my friends in college had a Plymouth version of your car. His car went over 300,000 miles without requiring any major service.

These are great cars!

Flivver

Practically Family
epr25 said:
Ok we just won this last night. It is a 52 Mercury. They don't have a make listed just as sedan. So if anyone out there know more about this car please contact me.

car.jpg
[/IMG]

From studying a "52 Mercury Deluxe brochure, I believe your car to be the Monterey series, not the Custom. The Monterey series had a chrome rocker panel molding (which your car has) while the Custom did not. The nameplate on the rear door should read "Monterey". If it is a Custom, the nameplate will read "Mercury". The Monterey should also have a chrome filler piece on the C-pillar, which is not visible in the photo.

While I believe the Monterey would have come originally with full wheelcovers, these could have easily been replaced with the small hubcaps along the way.

These late-era Mercs with the flathead V8 are solid cars that are fun to drive.

Enjoy it!

Professor

A-List Customer
StraightEight said:
It's delightful, it's de-lovely, it's our new 1958 Desoto, with the look and feel of the future!

And we need a whole new wardrobe.

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg
An absolutely gorgeous specimen! I have to admit though, Virgil's styling got a little too wild for my tastes by this time...not to mention that body style reminds me of the Professor's car from the comic "Shoe" (though I think his was supposed to be a '59). Regardless, you should be quite proud of her, and no matter what a Chrysler product ever looked like, it's a joy to drive. :)

copdoc

New in Town
Nice collection of vehicles. One of most things that could be imagined. Here is my 1964 GTO. I bought it used and have driven it for 40 years. Why did they close Pontiac? Is it beause there is a flaw in the wheels that makes the back tires wear out fast. :)

34146Photo_021605_002.jpg

34146Photo_021605_001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo