Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your view!

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I really enjoy winter landscapes. I'm not a big fan of the cold temps, but I just love how things look in winter, snowy or not. I thought we could share the views out our windows, wherever we are- cold clime or not!

Mine, from the front window of my house in Pennsylvania:
100_1903.jpg

From the back window:
100_1904.jpg

Barry

Practically Family
A balcony shot - earlier in the fall

with a little help from a zoom lens (shot from the left hand side of my balcony)

balconyshot.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
From my front doorstep --

front'.jpg

That's a discount furniture store down at the corner, where my street intersects with two mighty lanes of US 1. In the foreground are my burning-bushes, which look pretty burned out this time of year.

From my back doorstep --

back.jpg

My clothesline extends off to infinity there, and on the other side of the board fence, you'll glimpse the world headquarters of Shafter's Junkyard, the oldest continuously-operating business in town. Nearly a full century of cutting up scrap metal before sunrise on Sunday mornings! (It's not so bad in the summer though -- the trees leaf up and you can't see them at all!)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Jeynne said:
Wow, you guys have really nice views. If I look out my window, all I see are a bunch of houses.

I live in a council estate, and have a 'lovely' view of other peoples filthy back gardens/mangy half-starved dogs/rotting half finished DIY projects. But if I crane my neck a little I can see the city centre and the cathedral dome. Especially nice at night when all the street lamps are on.

Someday it will be the Eiffel tower though...Sigh.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is the view from my roof deck. It's my favorite part of my condo. I spend hours looking at this view, when the weather is right. It's 8 stories up, but there are no other tall buildings in my neighborhood, so the view isn't blocked.

This is the view from my balcony on the first floor of the condo. It overlooks Cambridge, and on a clear day I can see the mountains in New Hampshire.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Took these pics yesterday, front & back, our first "almost-a-snow" of the season, increasingly rare in these parts (found myself thinking, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...")

P1010007_sm.jpg

P1010003_sm.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Wow Lady Day and Daisy you have some awesome views! It's funny how I can pick out all the PA views! haha Here are two from me!

Front porch Last winter. Trust me, the view looks the same this winter...minus the snow.

outside.jpg

And because winter depresses me, here's a pic of my tiny backyard from early last summer!

P7060006.jpg

:D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank You Mary. You're backyard is lovely. That's the one thing I miss. Living in the city, I don't have a place to garden. Although, this coming spring I have some grand ideas about spiffing up my roof deck with lot's of potted plants and flowers, as well as buying furniture for it. It's such a large space, the size of a professional basketball court, and right now I just have a small table with four chairs and a grill. I'm looking into some outdoor seating that pottery barn has. They have sectional sofa's made for the outdoors and they even have outdoor rugs that look like oriental rugs. I've been wanting to decorate the space for a while, I think this spring I will finally get around to doing it. Your backyard is really inspiring!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MaryDeluxe said:
Wow Lady Day and Daisy you have some awesome views! It's funny how I can pick out all the PA views! haha Here are two from me!
And because winter depresses me, here's a pic of my tiny backyard from early last summer!

P7060006.jpg

:D

Wow, wish I had a backyard. Your little haven is spectacular! I do wish I could grow my own veggies :eek: I thought about seeing if I could do something on the roof top. I may look into that more...

LD

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Daisy & Lady Day, I have just started developing my little backyard. Before my house, I use to do all my gardening in containers because I had an apartment type balcony. You'd be surprised what you can do simply with pots and containers in a small space. From growing veggies to water features! Gardening is a great stress reliever for me!

Novella

Practically Family
My view at the moment:

dsc02690vl0.jpg

I had a *much* better view two years ago:
dormviewlagoon102704.jpg

Lagoon out one window, and the ocean out the other:

viewfromdormwindow.jpg

I've regressed!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Everyone has such lovely views! Lady Day, you're making me miss home! I'm originally from the Bay Area (Marin County, to be exact) and I miss it quite often, even though I love L.A. I hope to move to San Francisco one day, even just for a little while. It just looks like such a fun place to live.

Here's my terrible view of the cemetery, from my bedroom window no less!

02_07001.jpg

And here's our completely blocked view from our balcony. We get absolutely no light in the living room during the day, it's awful!

02_07002.jpg

Oh well, one day I'll have a place with a nice view.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Not the greatest photos - the screens make the shots a bit fuzzy...
382080383_eb72fc7b13_m.jpg

382080390_1fad55c7c3_m.jpg

382080387_5b6a6f5e6d_m.jpg

Sitting in the living or dining room, it's mostly open skies.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
These are the views of what you can see from my 2nd floor living room bay window, taken from the ground in front of the building. I live in the carriage house on the estate of the museum/mansion I work at, so the view is pretty nice.

two looking straight ahead-ish:
ForeCtwUrn.jpg

LionsUrnsForeCt.jpg

and when you look up and to the right:
VCEastfromNflags.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick