Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage half-belts

hieu

A-List Customer
40s Rough Wear

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02824.jpg
DSC02847.jpg

DSC02829.jpg
DSC02832.jpg

hieu

A-List Customer
This jacket came in yesterday and I couldn't wait to snap some photos. In terms of leather quality, construction and overall condition it comes out far ahead of any vintage jacket I've handled (admittedly not that many).

Does anybody know why makers stopped making jackets with bi-swing arms?

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This jacket came in yesterday and I couldn't wait to snap some photos. In terms of leather quality, construction and overall condition it comes out far ahead of any vintage jacket I've handled (admittedly not that many).

Does anybody know why makers stopped making jackets with bi-swing arms?

I think one of the reasons was the labor cost to produce them. Love your jacket by the way. It has the basic color and leather as one of my favorite jackets with dual action sleeves.

Last edited:

hieu

A-List Customer
40s Unlabelled Windward
DSC02724.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

I got this jacket a while ago but hadn't had the chance to take photos until recently. This style of jacket was on my radar because of Marc's fit pics of his jacket and Ton's Regius repro. I like look of it a lot. It's simple but the pockets make it more unique than the typical halfbelt. The graining on this one is also particularly nice in my opinion.

The jacket came with a different lining but smelled pretty musty so I got it changed.

(Special thanks to Hannes who had the jacket before me and gave me some pointers on the condition/seller).

Nacho

Practically Family
40s Unlabelled Windward
View attachment 532351
View attachment 532352
View attachment 532353
I got this jacket a while ago but hadn't had the chance to take photos until recently. This style of jacket was on my radar because of Marc's fit pics of his jacket and Ton's Regius repro. I like look of it a lot. It's simple but the pockets make it more unique than the typical halfbelt. The graining on this one is also particularly nice in my opinion.

The jacket came with a different lining but smelled pretty musty so I got it changed.

(Special thanks to Hannes who had the jacket before me and gave me some pointers on the condition/seller).
Solid one, Huey! Wear it in good health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner