Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage half-belts

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought this half belt jacket last year from the States. It would appear to date from the early 1940s judging by the triple-marked Talon zipper. It has been recently relined by the seller. The russet HH is thick, supple and with no issues. Can anyone suggest a possible maker. BTW its a size 44.

039-4.jpg

037-5.jpg

024-10.jpg

023-12.jpg

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
hi Andrew, by no means an expert but...

I think the jacket was made by Windward due to the zipper, buckles on strap, and correct period (40's) appearance. Might be wrong but that would be my best guess.

BTW, very nice jacket!!

Cheers,

Bruce

aswatland said:
I bought this half belt jacket last year from the States. It would appear to date from the early 1940s judging by the triple-marked Talon zipper. It has been recently relined by the seller. The russet HH is thick, supple and with no issues. Can anyone suggest a possible maker. BTW its a size 44.

039-4.jpg

037-5.jpg

024-10.jpg

023-12.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice jacket indeed. It most likely dates from the 1940s-early 1950s. Close-ups of the zips and label would help further.

Small world. I've lived in Anderson,Indiana for the past thirtyeight years. It's my understanding that Schuster's Department Store went out of business in the late 1950s. I agree with Andrew that the jacket was possibly made in the 1940s...but I would guess more than likely the 1950s.
HD

By the general style, typography on the label, and elasticated instead of belts at the waist, probably early-middle 50s.

The main zipper talon - rounded corner rectangular puller? The stopper box has 3 prominent vertical ridges? The top end teeth are solid rather the "U"-type?

nice jacket.

bk

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Necro post to so some developments...

So it was pretty obvious that this jacket was too small for me. So I went to Peter at Wested to make a repro for me. I picked out a leather liked and asked them to do it minus the side elastic and 'D' welt on the pockets.

The original one for comparison:

And the new one:

Still pretty 'fitted' but a nice style, good work Wested!

BTW the old one will be on ebay soon so keep an eye out for it. :)

schitzo

Suspended
well it looks good from here! Are you happy with the workmanship? Any there any flaws? Only reason I'm asking is because your pictures don't seem to tally with what I've read about Wested on here and in other places online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21