Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage hats!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Ha ha Lauren, that's exactly what I thought! (see my previous posts with all my brown hats!!!) A girl can never have too many brown 30s hats.

Some nice looking outfits. Who the woman this 'story' is about? Can anyone enlighten me?

I have more hats to share but taking photos of them isn't easy without a hat model. I tried the morror route and they, and I, looked terrible! lol

texasgirl

One Too Many
The movie is about the life of Lois Wilson, co-founder of Al-Anon Family Groups and wife of Alcoholics Anonymous co-founder Bill Wilson. It is based on William G. Borchert’s 2005 book, The Lois Wilson Story: When Love Is Not Enough. It will probably be sad, but I'm interested in seeing it. :)

Foofoogal

Banned
Picked up an Avalon and another Mr.John Classic hat yesterday. Not sure if I shall attempt to sell them or not. I have a ton of hats.
I am always torn as I think others who may wear them should have them to having my own personal stash in case I ever see mainstream come back with them. Same with gloves and hankies.
I am so ready if it does...lol
Anyone else have same predicament?

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Foofoogal, I find everytime I go through my hats with a view to 'streamlining' my collection, I love most of them too much to do much culling.

However, I recently parted with one mid 1930s fine straw navy hat that looked so amazing on the girl who bought it, I was *glad* to have sold it on. It wasn't doing much for me!

JenBond

New in Town
Hat Netting

I recenty bought the most beautiful mink hat, unfortunately it has a small tear in the netting and the way the netting is attached I'm afraid the hat would be ruined if I were to try to take it apart to replace it. So, my question is, does anyone know anything about repairing the existing netting?

Mojito

One Too Many
This might perhaps more properly belong in one of the gentlemen's threads! I'm going to be wearing a sort of 1830s get up to an event in Paris, and tracked down an opera hat to wear (later period, I know). It will also come in handy for the gentlemen's evening attire I intend to wear to an event at the Napier Art Deco weekend next year...drag being so very, very 20s!

Pay no attention to hair in disarray - this was the very eve of it being re-bobbed, which has now been accomplished:

CourfeyracHat.jpg

And the tiny flat box it collapses into:

Hatbox.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
'Pop Up' Opera hats are so neat! Perfect for packing - or at the Opera, as the name suggests!

Years ago I wore tails somewhere with really 40s film star hair and red lipstick. It certainly gets attention, but I didn't have a hat to go with it. lol.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
LOVE IT Mojito!! Go for it GIRL! The antique box for yours is a real find! I did a Marlene Dietrich tux look with my own "pop up hat" (there is a good story as to how I was "gifted" with this hat, after a memorable Art deco Ball many many years ago! ) at Halloween and had a ball - they call it a collapsible opera hat here. Here I am photographed at an Art Deco movie Palace, and with two FLer fellas at a Halloween party-this pic shows of my vintage movie star hairdo better
377083484.jpg

377047416.jpg

Mojito said:
This might perhaps more properly belong in one of the gentlemen's threads! I'm going to be wearing a sort of 1830s get up to an event in Paris, and tracked down an opera hat to wear (later period, I know). It will also come in handy for the gentlemen's evening attire I intend to wear to an event at the Napier Art Deco weekend next year...drag being so very, very 20s!

Pay no attention to hair in disarray - this was the very eve of it being re-bobbed, which has now been accomplished:

CourfeyracHat.jpg

And the tiny flat box it collapses into:

Hatbox.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Miss Sew-n-Sew, that is fabulous! I like some knitted cloches...some I find heavy handed when you're used to the vintage originals, but that pic - and some of the examples I've seen friends do - are gorgeous!

Miss Sis, in your case, I think the tailcoat and red lipstick would be such a show-stopper you wouldn't need the topper!

chanteuseCarey, my goodness, yes! In your case, so very, very Marlene! It looks fabulous...!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Indeed! Lovely! Love the box your came with, Mojito. Sometimes the boxes are just as exciting as what's inside (or maybe I just love boxes)!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
4656947079_99af8da7d6.jpg

4656947059_94b4c44770.jpg

I took my new hat on a stroll up the hill this evening because I couldn't wait to wear it. Hope for another outing as soon as possible and to wear it in a more appropriate, 30's way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko