Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage hats!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow.

Miss 1940's said:
l_eeedda158368f2b30c9390b5dc0c7ceb.jpg
This Orange hat;even has gloves to match!
Please wear that as you step off the plane when you come to see us!

Folly

One of the Regulars
I adore hats and have many. Most of them are modern, but I do have some which have that vintage feel, including a grey felt one which was described as a "Miss Marple".

This is the hat I usually wear to forties events. It generally gets a lot of attention and I'm known as "The lady in the pillbox hat" :)

IMG_0619Small.jpg

Folly

One of the Regulars
epr25 said:
Folly how do you secure your hats?

I often get asked this actually as it looks like I have a gravity defying hat :)

First and foremost it's hat elastic which I have underneath my hair which is usually pulled back in a pony-tail as it's very curly and to wear it loose would be ridiculous and then a few hairgrips through the net are the last thing that keeps it in place. Hat elastic is truly a blessing.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Here's a silly photo of me in one of my favorite hats. I was obviously trying to fix a bad hair day, hehe!
l_3772320c893705c44c7ea761d075eb28.jpg

And here's a recent one of my vintage Parisian hat!
2374758951_f263ffba9a.jpg

I'm probably going to wear one of my cute, flowery ones to work today, so I'll try to snap a shot before I take off. :)

zaika

One Too Many
folly, that's a lovely hat and picture!

and ladies, in general, i'm jealous of your acquisitions! so very lovely!! ;)

katiemakeup

Practically Family
rubyredlocks said:
Texasgirl-You look great in every hat.

I think this is the only pic of me in a hat. I love hats,but as a hairstylist I rarely wear them to work. (An odd personal rule)
I've already sold the majority of my collection,but this is one of my favorites and I couldn't part with it.
l_1319fb5dc2ff36c697aceda7f3e30365.jpg

Loving this!! Soooo Dior New Look.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Sorry ladies!:eek:fftopic:
Thanks Katie! You have a great eye,since this set was inspired by vintage fashion mags of the 40s and 50s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy