Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I see, they are like streetcars. There will be another one along in a few minutes eh? For a minute I thought you posted a country western song with that title. :p

Oh, do you mean this one?

[video=youtube_share;TJVA56PlcUI]http://youtu.be/TJVA56PlcUI[/video]

Same song. It did later become a country standard.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
:rofl: I can just see Gene and Smiley doing something like this too. :p

As I recall, Lulu Bell and Scotty had a minor hit with this number in '46 or '47. They also recorded it for Vogue records, but I don't believe it was released as a picture disc. The recording later appeared somewhat mysteriously on the Damon label out of Kansas City. Damon was a notorious pirate label, though, and the performance of this number on their disc sounds as if it was transcribed, though an absolute determination is difficult due to the poor pressing quality of the damon product.. This would suggest that at least a one test pressing made it out of the Sav-Way offices.

fashion frank

One Too Many
My New Old House

Hello my fellow loungers , I just sold my house and bought this one linked below it is in a historic district of town and we will be moving in on the second week of December .
I havent been on that much since we have been packing like crazy and all of the assorted things that go on with seling a house hunting for one and the like.

http://www.newenglandmoves.com/prop...-1052136/100-Glen-Rd-Woonsocket-RI-02895.aspx

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Hello my fellow loungers , I just sold my house and bought this one linked below it is in a historic district of town and we will be moving in on the second week of December .
I havent been on that much since we have been packing like crazy and all of the assorted things that go on with seling a house hunting for one and the like.

http://www.newenglandmoves.com/prop...-1052136/100-Glen-Rd-Woonsocket-RI-02895.aspx

Very good find there! It looks in great condition. :eusa_clap

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thanks for the reply and it looks even better than what the photos show and there is a small sitting room right when you walk in the front door that they didnot even put in with the other pictures .
My wife is already hunting for period lace curtains and we already bought a sette couch off e bay locally for $100.00 dollars less than the asking price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200979074018?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Craigs list is great for finding real not repo furniture.

Thanks for the reply and it looks even better than what the photos show and there is a small sitting room right when you walk in the front door that they didnot even put in with the other pictures .
My wife is already hunting for period lace curtains and we already bought a sette couch off e bay locally for $100.00 dollars less than the asking price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200979074018?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Craigs list is great for finding real not repo furniture.

Nice find on the couch. They don't make them like that anymore---for less than 5 grand. :p
Craigslist is a good resource for sure. I even found a free player piano around here. You have enough room for one there too. :D

fashion frank

One Too Many
Even Better

Nice find on the couch. They don't make them like that anymore---for less than 5 grand. :p
Craigslist is a good resource for sure. I even found a free player piano around here. You have enough room for one there too. :D

Hello Mr. Powers !
Since I posted that last post I scored a complete living room set of victorian " style " furniture ,a couch ,his and hers chairs a coffee table and two end tables all for $ 400.00
They stated that they very rarely used it .
I am going to pick it up after I worlk some overtime tomorrow.

All the Best ,Fashion Frankl

PS. I was going to put up the link , but they removed the ad as my wife had asked them to do because we didnt want to lose the set. If time allows I'll take a few pictures tomorrow and post them here.

Hello Mr. Powers !
Since I posted that last post I scored a complete living room set of victorian " style " furniture ,a couch ,his and hers chairs a coffee table and two end tables all for $ 400.00

All the Best ,Fashion Frankl

PS. I was going to put up the link , but they removed the ad as my wife had asked them to do because we didnt want to lose the set. If time allows I'll take a few pictures tomorrow and post them here.

I'll look forward to the pictures!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
1477240-2_zpse1fb8430.jpg

Not sure what to think, but this house is back on the market? Makes you wonder, how bad it failed the inspection?

fashion frank

One Too Many
The New House and Furnishing's

Hello Mr. Powers !

As promised Mr. Powers this is a shot of the living room set I spoke of and picked up yesterday .
A couch ,two lamp tables ,tow sitting chairs and a coffee table all for $400.00 !
Gotta love that Craigs list !:D

While I'm at it here are few shots of the new house from this morning .
We had to go there to meet with the building inspector to inspect the house as required by the bank .
I paid him $ 375.00 and he was worth every penny of it .

A few shot's of the double living room.

The front staircase looking toward's the front door from the second floor landing.

Another shot of the front palor.

Then after the inspection was over we drove up to Nashua N.H. to buy this lovely picture that my wife insisted we buy for the new home .
Again Craigs list for $45.00 the frame alone is worth that .

Hope you enjoy viewing these!

P.S. Thank you for showing an interest and for sharing in our happiness with our new home .
We hope to move in over Thanksgiving weekend if the bank's hurry up with the paperwork otherwise the target date is Dec. 14th.

Last edited:
As promised Mr. Powers this is a shot of the living room set I spoke of and picked up yesterday .
A couch ,two lamp tables ,tow sitting chairs and a coffee table all for $400.00 !
Gotta love that Craigs list !:D

While I'm at it here are few shots of the new house from this morning .
We had to go there to meet with the building inspector to inspect the house as required by the bank .
I paid him $ 375.00 and he was worth every penny of it .

A few shot's of the double living room.

The front staircase looking toward's the front door from the second floor landing.

Another shot of the front palor.

Then after the inspection was over we drove up to Nashua N.H. to buy this lovely picture that my wife insisted we buy for the new home .
Again Craigs list for $45.00 the frame alone is worth that .

Hope you enjoy viewing these!

P.S. Thank you for showing an interest and for sharing in our happiness with our new home .
We hope to move in over Thanksgiving weekend if the bank's hurry up with the paperwork otherwise the target date is Dec. 14th.
Gee, so much to comment on. :D I love the new furniture. That was a buy indeed. The house looks like you will really like living there. Out here that would cost you a ton of money---easily half a million starting. I have the exact some frame except mine is silver with the gold gilt corners. I have a picture of my great, great grandparents in it. Your subject matter with the frame is outstanding for the price! Nice bright color tinting. It goes well with the age of the home and décor. You are off to a great start. I would love to see it when you are done. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner