Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

fashion frank

One Too Many
You Guy's Are Awesome !

Absolutely very nice,Frank..and some great ideas!
HD

Thank's to all of you gentlemen for the kind words ,kodo's and again as I stated to Mr. Powers for sharing in our happiness with our new home and the furnishing's that we are gathering as we go forward.

I will do my best to give you up date's but as I get closer to "D_ Day " it might get a little hairy around here , but I will post as we go forward in decorating in the near future and as often as time allow's!

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

P. S. On a tottally different matter has anyone heard from that young pup who joined the service " splinter cell's " I have been wondering how he's doing ?

kampkatz

Practically Family
Is the attic window glass of different colors? My 1890's Queen Anne has a similar window(plus other front stained glass). p.s. Congrats on the house . I hope it is in sound shape.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Thank's to all of you gentlemen for the kind words ,kodo's and again as I stated to Mr. Powers for sharing in our happiness with our new home and the furnishing's that we are gathering as we go forward.

I will do my best to give you up date's but as I get closer to "D_ Day " it might get a little hairy around here , but I will post as we go forward in decorating in the near future and as often as time allow's!

P. S. On a tottally different matter has anyone heard from that young pup who joined the service " splinter cell's " I have been wondering how he's doing ?

Looking good! Could you give us a shot of the stair railing at the bottom?

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I am consistently gobsmaked by the quality of homes (and the size!) that you can get for the money in parts of the US. Our house is a glorified extended 1929 2 up, 2 down (originally 4 rooms in all with a bathroom and scullery), now with 4 small double beds, a small 10ft sq kitchen and one bathrom in a fairly nice northern town in the UK and it's worth about a quarter of a million pounds (about $350K). Madness.

A house like yours around here would be well over a million quid so well done!

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
My home in the best small town in America: Lockhart, Texas.

house_zps1c8fde44.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I am consistently gobsmaked by the quality of homes (and the size!) that you can get for the money in parts of the US. Our house is a glorified extended 1929 2 up, 2 down (originally 4 rooms in all with a bathroom and scullery), now with 4 small double beds, a small 10ft sq kitchen and one bathrom in a fairly nice northern town in the UK and it's worth about a quarter of a million pounds (about $350K). Madness.

A house like yours around here would be well over a million quid so well done!

Like the realtors say, Location, Location, Location! I live in a mid 60s Trilevel, one identical to mine, but on one of the premier streets in my town went for almost $500,000. I would be lucky to get $160,000 for mine, and I have twice the yard!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A hippie has invaded your post! I'll get him! Stand back! :laser: :hippie:
I am not so sure you are free from them out there with your legalized dope. You'll get PLENTY. That kind of stuff attracts hippies like free money.

We will be all right. We overwhelmingly voted to TAX the stuff. We also have real strict code enforcement, with their own patrol cars. That will send them packing! This is what we do with medical marijuana users!
3_zps734b7166.jpg

rue

As promised Mr. Powers this is a shot of the living room set I spoke of and picked up yesterday .
A couch ,two lamp tables ,tow sitting chairs and a coffee table all for $400.00 !
Gotta love that Craigs list !:D

While I'm at it here are few shots of the new house from this morning .
We had to go there to meet with the building inspector to inspect the house as required by the bank .
I paid him $ 375.00 and he was worth every penny of it .

A few shot's of the double living room.

The front staircase looking toward's the front door from the second floor landing.

Another shot of the front palor.

Then after the inspection was over we drove up to Nashua N.H. to buy this lovely picture that my wife insisted we buy for the new home .
Again Craigs list for $45.00 the frame alone is worth that .

Hope you enjoy viewing these!

P.S. Thank you for showing an interest and for sharing in our happiness with our new home .
We hope to move in over Thanksgiving weekend if the bank's hurry up with the paperwork otherwise the target date is Dec. 14th.

Gorgeous home Frank! I love the furniture and picture as well. I can't wait to see the pictures when you move in :)

fashion frank

One Too Many
A Few more Shots

Looking good! Could you give us a shot of the stair railing at the bottom?

Sorry for taking so long to respond ,I have been busier then a one armed wallpaper hanger.

This is a shot from the bottom as you asked.

This shot is on the second floor landing.

Another shot from the first floor with my kid in the mix !

This Master bedroom with it's own seperate bath is the bomb !

I will try to post more as the closing /moving date gets closer .

All the Best, Fashion Frank

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for taking so long to respond ,I have been busier then a one armed wallpaper hanger.

This is a shot from the bottom as you asked.

This shot is on the second floor landing.

Another shot from the first floor with my kid in the mix !

This Master bedroom with it's own seperate bath is the bomb !

I will try to post more as the closing /moving date gets closer .

All the Best, Fashion Frank

Thanks frank! I love the stairs, and a master bath! Does it have clawfoot tub? You did well on that house, wish I could find smiler, even if I have to pay more.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here is one for sale in my town. At $460,000, it's out of my price range. Not sure about the color, probably whats keeping it from selling! The bottom picture, is an Italianate Victorian, that some one stuccoed. It was apartments at one time, so two furnaces and two water heaters. Big master bedroom, and servant stairs. Needs a lot on the inside. On the outside, I think some green and maroon trim would help a lot, plus a clean up the door, put some etched glass in and put some ornate columns on the porch, replacing those ugly stucco supports! The top of the roof is flat, so a belvedere sure would change the looks for the better.

IS5ih3qiergm0v1000000000_zps6be3f505.jpg
ISz2bcyo7fwfqb_zps8a755d0b.jpg

Here is one for sale in my town. At $460,000, it's out of my price range. Not sure about the color, probably whats keeping it from selling! The bottom picture, is an Italianate Victorian, that some one stuccoed. It was apartments at one time, so two furnaces and two water heaters. Big master bedroom, and servant stairs. Needs a lot on the inside. On the outside, I think some green and maroon trim would help a lot, plus a clean up the door, put some etched glass in and put some ornate columns on the porch, replacing those ugly stucco supports! The top of the roof is flat, so a belvedere sure would change the looks for the better.

IS5ih3qiergm0v1000000000_zps6be3f505.jpg
ISz2bcyo7fwfqb_zps8a755d0b.jpg

Geez, the color on the first one is hideous unless it was a brothel at one time. :p

The bottom one is too far gone to be a vintage home again. Looks like a box.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Geez, the color on the first one is hideous unless it was a brothel at one time. :p

The bottom one is too far gone to be a vintage home again. Looks like a box.

Yah, even with a ton of contrasting colors, I don't think even I am comfortable enough with my Man Hood to live in that one! :D A mother and daughter live in it, surprise. :doh: You should see the second house with the screen door closed, looks like a prison!

Yah, even with a ton of contrasting colors, I don't think even I am comfortable enough with my Man Hood to live in that one! :D A mother and daughter live in it, surprise. :doh: You should see the second house with the screen door closed, looks like a prison!

A mother an daughter?! Figures. :p

Yeah the prison door doesn't help. At least my security door has a stained glass look to it. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner