Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Rick S.

New in Town
With great pride we are pleased to share our 'money pit'!!

After, having collected Art Deco treasures and classic film pieces for years, only to see them 'die' in a 1980s 3/2 ranch, we went looking for a classic Hollywood style Bungalow, and found this one. We, have now restored it, although we keep finding more to do! The top image is as she was, when new in 1924, and how she looks now.

Historic2.jpg

rick

Rick S.

New in Town
Thanks!

;)

Will try to shoot around the boxes...the inside is still going on. In fact, the tile guy just finished the kitchen yesterday.

8C.jpg

9.jpg

5.jpg

15A.jpg

2E.jpg

16.jpg

11A.jpg

Rick S.

New in Town
:(

Sparse, as far as space available, is the big downer. These little houses did not plan on pack rats like us owning them.

As, for your invite, the welcome mat is always out! Of course, there will be a collection box near the exit...:eek: :rage:

I think, most of us here, who admire the art and culture of those that traveled before us, might also have a streak of exhibitionism in us.

Mine might be a little bigger...

rick

olive bleu

One Too Many
yes, i know what you mean about space..Untill December we lived in a tiny 1945 bungalow with 2,yes 2, bedrooms.It was oh so charming, but as 2 toddlers suddenly morphed into gigantic adolescents,the friends they were bringing home suddenly got bigger as well.lol

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Rick S. said:
With great pride we are pleased to share our 'money pit'!!

After, having collected Art Deco treasures and classic film pieces for years, only to see them 'die' in a 1980s 3/2 ranch, we went looking for a classic Hollywood style Bungalow, and found this one. We, have now restored it, although we keep finding more to do! The top image is as she was, when new in 1924, and how she looks now.

Historic2.jpg

rick

OMG!! WOW!
And hello jukebox!
Amazing things:)

~MaryDeluxe

Feathers

Familiar Face
What wonderful homes, everyone! Thanks so much for sharing these!

Hope this isn't too :eek:fftopic: but I wanted to share with you all my neighborhood surrounding my home before I post photos of my own abode! Thought you'd all be interested. Scold if needed ;) :

This is the building that I work in, which is a five minute walk from my apartment. The ground floor is all businesses and above are apartments. It's called the Belle Shore Apartments. I will take more pictures this week - the structure is amazing!
Belle_shore_jc01.jpg

Then we have the Edgewater Beach Apartments, which is right down the street from Belle Shore Apartments. It was built in 1927 and was part of a whole unit of buildings which was the Edgewater Beach Hotel. Marilyn Monroe and other famous folk stayed there! Unfortunately it was demolished and the Apartments only survived. This is a view from the beach on a small pier:
P1030526.jpg

Check it out on Wikipedia if you get a moment or two. Quite interesting! Pics of my apartment and such to follow, promise!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rick, it's wonderful. Do you prefer the rounded to the slanted whatchamacallits above the windows? (What do you call those things anyway?)

Rick S.

New in Town
We call them cloth awnings - for lack of a better term.

One, of the painters, called them 'eyelashes'.

We, found the company that had made them years ago, and had them duplicated, but, they, of course, are not close to the original 'storm shutters'.

The house was built as part of the great Floridian Hotel, and those huge shutters were of the same type as on the hotel - they just looked better on a three story building!

rick

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rick S. said:
We call them cloth awnings - for lack of a better term.

One, of the painters, called them 'eyelashes'.

We, found the company that had made them years ago, and had them duplicated, but, they, of course, are not close to the original 'storm shutters'.

The house was built as part of the great Floridian Hotel, and those huge shutters were of the same type as on the hotel - they just looked better on a three story building!

rick

OK. Thanks. I think I like the slanted things a little better just because they are more unusual to my experience. But the rounded things are lovely too.

lolli

New in Town
J. M. Stovall said:
Here's our little bungalow. It may be only one story tall but it's home.
(notice the 48 star flag)
100_0596s.jpg

I'll have to remember to shoot photos of the rest, I already had these.

I *love* those chairs. They're great!

lolli

New in Town
Trickeration said:
I know my pics are in another thread somewhere else around here, but here they are again since this is a new thread and there are new people around since I last posted.
pict08676fg.jpg

My living room.

That's a great 50's style livingroom. I really love that couch. That color is neato ;P

lolli

New in Town
Sweet Leilani said:
Hi there, everyone! I've been lurking up until now, but I couldn't resist joining the show-n-tell!

This is our living room and some of my vintage electronics, a 1946 GE tabletop next to the fan and a Zenith black dial chairside on the floor, left.:

331ee9c2.jpg

Is that big piece of furniture an old refrigerator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn