Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Boosting the Holiday Spirit with this one:

38085310.jpg

:bounce:

I feel for the poor elf. :p
I had to laugh last night when Santa came by early to leave them their gifts. My 6 year old kept saying that he knew who Santa was really and not to lie to him. lol lol The eight year old just said shut up and take the present. He's no fool. lol lol

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol lol lol I found it hilarious that he just went with it even though I am sure he knows ...

My mother absolutely loved Christmas and everything that went with the Christmas season. After we were way old enough to know "the truth" about Santa Clause, my mother asked if we would mind if Santa still came and brought presents. She really enjoyed playing Santa. We continued with Christmas this way till the year she passed away.

My mother absolutely loved Christmas and everything that went with the Christmas season. After we were way old enough to know "the truth" about Santa Clause, my mother asked if we would mind if Santa still came and brought presents. She really enjoyed playing Santa. We continued with Christmas this way till the year she passed away.

I like that idea. I might just steal it for them. :p

I'm a bit behind on this thread, so here goes:

Big Man: wonderful looking Christmas table - I assume it is in that incredible house of yours you have shown us pictures of in the past?

Stray Cat: truly funny cartoon

James and others on the discussion of kids and Santa: My approach is that Santa is an idea, a value, the spirit of generosity. He can have a physical manifestation as a man with a white beard and a red suit who flies around on a reindeer-driven sleigh to deliver presents on Christmas Eve or he can be the spirit of generosity in all of us. Doesn't matter to me which one you choose to believe. I, for one, am fully confident that the first one is what happens which is why Christmas presents are never opened in our house until Christmas Day as Santa hasn't had time to deliver them yet.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... Big Man: wonderful looking Christmas table - I assume it is in that incredible house of yours you have shown us pictures of in the past? ...

Yes, it's the old house where we live. The table was my great grandmother's table (1847-1928), and the silverware was my grandmother's (1882-1983). The hutch was my Mom and Dad's that they got in 1952. The portrait (of me) was done by my son. Having "connections" like these make it all the better.

My Mom does this, too. It's a great time!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I can here the used car sales man already, "these two beauties were only driven to church on Sunday by two sisters!"

Warden

One Too Many
You know I think it is only because I have children that I do not live in a house like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ