Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Never! Actually, it was a conversation with an electrician that got me doing it my self. He admitted, that on several occasions, working on the old knob & tube, he was stumped, and it took him all day to figure out what went wrong. I figured, I can do the same for free. Full disclosure, my Dad was a Master Electrician, so I am no stranger to wiring.

I apologize for the poor photos. Ashley and I planted 12 rosebushes in the front yard this week, pulled up a bunch of old lawn edging that has seen better days, as well as putting up two bird feeders, a shepard's hook, some hanging flowers, and did quite a bit of lightscaping with solar lights. Just the start of getting the yard cleaned up.

11196247_10153239965449330_3452253187599513474_n.jpg

11071167_10153239965354330_8268014949044238815_n.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Tom will understand these photos! That pesky little light that caused all the trouble. Still, nothing like the feeling of accomplishment, when you stand back and look at a problem solved.
1245_zpsu5jksvs7.jpg
DSC_0003_zpszq3binlk.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
The Party Porch

Hello my fellow loungers , it now being the beginning of summer it was time to get the party porch ready for action ,including putting up the awnings spraypainting the wicker furnshings and such.

The wicker before a painting.

Putting up the awnings was a pain in the neck but the porch is great for hanging around when they are up !

A picture perfect end to the day.

Had to throw in this picture of "Auntt Millie " when ever any of my daughters friens or cousins come to sleep over I tell them that ,that is Aunt Millie and they are going to sleep in the room that she used to sleep in , thay always say " cool" or something like that , then I always tell them " yea you will be sleeping in her room ,its the same room that she was murdered in right away they always reply " I dont want ot sleep in that room ! "

All the Best Fashion Frank

Last edited:
Ah, nothing too serious, then. Old houses always have plenty of surprises!

There was a short in the old light, had to rewire it. Just the usual with an old house!

Frank -

Your house looks beautiful. Love the lilacs, and the awnings! I'm considering putting one on the front of my house, but haven't decided for sure, yet.

Fashion Frank - your home beautiful. Very warm, comfortable and inviting looking. Taste is just that - personal - but for me, your home says home so much more than the homes that are being built today.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Party Porch is Now Ready

Hello my fellow loungers.
Here are the " after " pictures now that the awnings are on the house ,the floor has been swept and washed ,the fridge is stocked and the wicker is back in place .
Here's to an awesome summer to come !

The porch is quite large and its a blast to have the neighbor's and friends over to hang out !

This is the view looking in the opposite direction notice the happy buddha and wind chime.

Happy Buddha gurgling away " serenity now " :)

All the Best,Fashion Frank

Last edited:
Hello my fellow loungers.
Here are the " after " pictures now that the awnings are on the house ,the floor has been swept and washed ,the fridge is stocked and the wicker is back in place .
Here's to an awesome summer to come !

The porch is quite large and its a blast to have the neighbor's and friends over to hang out !

This is the view looking in the opposite direction notice the happy buddha and wind chime.

Happy Buddha gurgling away " serenity now " :)

All the Best,Fashion Frank

We'll all be over in about ten minutes. :p

Hello my fellow loungers , it now being the beginning of summer it was time to get the party porch ready for action ,including putting up the awnings spraypainting the wicker furnshings and such.

The wicker before a painting.

Putting up the awnings was a pain in the neck but the porch is great for hanging around when they are up !

A picture perfect end to the day.

Had to throw in this picture of "Auntt Millie " when ever any of my daughters friens or cousins come to sleep over I tell them that ,that is Aunt Millie and they are going to sleep in the room that she used to sleep in , thay always say " cool" or something like that , then I always tell them " yea you will be sleeping in her room ,its the same room that she was murdered in right away they always reply " I dont want ot sleep in that room ! "

All the Best Fashion Frank

That story is a nice way of dissuading potentials guests from staying the night. Clever. Clever. :D
Oh, and with what is the refrigerator stocked?
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes