Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
EPR... LOVE the floor and the counter tops! I've been wanting to add boomerang laminate counter tops too. Your hubby did a great job :eusa_clap ... be extra nice to him!!!lol Post some more pics when you get everything back together!

texasgirl

One Too Many
We just bought a new home! For many reasons, we chose a new one rather than a vintage one. But we did take a picture out front to send out as our change of address notices. I thought it came out pretty good- the neighbors were staring...

ag6.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
EPR - I love your linoleum floor! I've been wanting to do a checkered floor design when we redo our kitchen, but I've been trying to think up ways to jazz it up without making it too difficult. I think I may have to steal your pattern idea, except I want to do it in a minty jadite green color, white gray and black. I'm going to do jadite green walls and white cabinets, with schoolhouse pendant light fixtures.

:eusa_clap Great job!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
EPR - I LOVE your floor! If your husband fancies a job doing up our kitchen, he's more than welcome! :D

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Hello, dream kitchen

epr25 said:
kitchen1.jpg
[/IMG]
kitchen4.jpg
[/IMG]\
You all have such lovely homes! I especially enjoy seeing your vintage kitchens. My home was built at the turn of the 19th century, but my kitchen cupboards were painted in the 1970's = orange :eek: One day when I can afford it, I'll turn it into 50's blue... dream, dream, dream
Sweet Leilani said:
P.S. I love the happy bluebirds!
gluegungeisha said:

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
You may remember my $40 yard sale purchase:
l_faafd3e294abd366c8a639d64ab7ef7a.jpg

Well it's sitting in the new house and it now looks like this:
l_feb7f7735eef6424c7828a7e362c0dca.jpg

Here's a fabric close up:
l_6675028e2fb25b36c146c8d19a7ae381.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Ebay Orgy

PD, I'm so impressed. VERY nice.
So, I guess everyone has heard me mention that I was moving into this great 1939 Art Deco building about 678 times so far. Well I finally have a few pics to share.
As my headline says, I've been on a little Ebay orgy lately, but I think I've done pretty well. One thing I learned early on is not to fall in love with any item, because another will come along just as nice or nicer. There's no point bidding more than you need to. A deal will come along sooner or later.
Anyhoo, I spent a lot of time ogling some gorgeous French Art Deco furniture which I couldn't in my wildest dreams afford. But I learned. The French stuff has wonderful design, and magnificent finishes on the wood. That's one reason they go in the thousands.
But British Deco seems to have been designed for more middle class people, and there's a lot of nice British Deco pieces available at great prices. A lot of it in rugged oak.
Here's my pride and joy, a 1920's vintage British oak sideboard. I won't say how much, but basically it was a steal. The shipping was murder, but even after that, I think I got a terrific bargain.
SideboardMama.jpg

Mama thinks she goes nicely with the oak finish. I agree.
SideboardMamacloseup.jpg

I got a circa 1950 desk. Again, delivery was a killer, but I'm still very happy. Be careful what you leave in old desks. Seems like the previous owner of this desk went through a very nasty divorce! ;)
Newdesk1.jpg

For the bedroom I originally wanted one of those Lane waterfall cedar chests. Instead I found a "blanket dresser" made in the 40's. It has sort of 40's influence on a Chippendalish design, I think. Behind it is the headboard I got for a VERY good price. The headboard is brand new, but it goes good I think. My bed is now at least worthy of Louis XIV, don't you think?
Newbed.jpg

This is a Chinese screen my wife had for years. I don't know if it's a collectors item or anything, but I just love it. I guess it's from the 30's???
Chinesescreen.jpg

I also went a little crazy over Chinese Art Deco rugs. I never knew they existed until I stumbled over them on Ebay. They were created for the European and American markets inthe 1910's though the 40's,. The real peak for them was the 1920's. A guy named Walter Nichols is the main name associated with Chinese Deco rugs. Google him.
The best Chinese Deco rugs run into the thousands (I guess the Lounge is full of people with Champagne tastes and beer budgets, ain't it?)
I got this charming little 2 ft by 3 ft rug for $100.
Chineserug1.jpg

Finally, I thought I'd show you my view. This is looking straight south, over the Bronx Botanical Garden. The silhouette in the center is the Empire State Building. The little T shaped doodad is the tower for the cable car ride at the Bronx Zoo, which is right across Pelham Parkway from me.
Windowview.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
DH...:eek: That sideboard is to die for!!!!WOW and I love the red wall color it really makes it pop. Very nice things and your view is wonderful! Looks like you are settling in very nicely! :)

Pink the sofa rocks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace