Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Chaps

One of the Regulars
AnnaMaria said:
This is how my old appartment used to look.I'm turning it into a sewing studio now since I moved in with my fiancee.

Kitchen

kk.jpg

Living room (lovely view isn't it)

Lgenheten.jpg

Your living room looks kind of like the room Jimmy Stewart lived in in the movie "Rear Window". He had the same kind of view. I love your furniture.

Danny

missmelly

One of the Regulars
AnnaMaria: I luuuuuuvvvvv that living room furniture! I want to steal it. lol

I am seperating from my husband and will soon be moving into a fantastic 1940s townhouse apt. I have decided to deck it out in vintage style as part of my "fresh start". I have a lot to start off with but when I buy things, I'll buy nothing but antiques or reproduction furniture for it down to the linens! After I get settled in, I'll post some pictures.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I've been searching for a while and this is the most suitable thread to post this, I think. Loved the thread so far by the way! it really needed to be bumped ;)

My boyfriend inherited this painting a few days ago:

IMG_3933.jpg

Lily of the valley, my favourite flowers :D here is a picture without frame. And the signature:

IMG_3869.jpg

1946, painted by Yvonne Guns, born in Belgium in 1911, died in 2001.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
We have been doing extensions to our circa 1926 villa for the past two years and finally we're getting to the decorating stage. Here is our new dining room:

Dining-Room-new.jpg

And the new "north wing" hallway (no pictures hung yet, hopefully will do that soon):

north-hallway.jpg

north-hallway-detail.jpg

The hallway is almost all new (the doors and lights are vintage, but everything else; wood, switches, trim, is recent)... oak floors, red cedar windows, pacific rimu architraves and skirting boards.

Kind regards,
Indy

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Fortunate scotrace

In September, I'm moving into a largely untouched 1920's two-storey. Ceiling high kitchen cabinets, clawfoot soaker tub/shower, etc. Pics when I can.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
This past March I lost most of my collection of Talking Machines, records, and radios when my carriage house burned.

FIRE009.jpg

Well, I've received my settlement from the insurance company, for an amount far less than the cost of replacement. Since the local real estate market is SO depressed, however, I was able to purchase a nearby house (and a rather interesting one, too, being the only "Airplane Bungalow" in the county!) for less than half the cost of rebuilding.

the house needs the usual roof, etc, but cost considerably less than the framing lumber for the replacement structure. At 1500 SF, and having an 8'6" poured concrete basement and a detatched two-car garage the building is amply large for display space. I intend to repair it with a strict 1931 cut-off date in mind (no visible portions of the structure or furnishing to post date 1931) this should be an interesting and entertaining excercise, and should help me to find a use for so many items that I have been storing.

Here are a couple of "snaps".

HallettHouseA04-1.jpg

HallettHouseA01.jpg

HallettHouseA05.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
For inspiration's sake

Second World War bunker in Cornwall converted to holiday home
A Second World War bunker has been turned into a Cornish holiday home with 360-degree views around Land's End from its grassy roof.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...er-in-Cornwall-converted-to-holiday-home.html

bunker_1446900c.jpg

The Real Estate listing - with interior photos
http://www.millercountrywide.co.uk/property-details-rpsMIL-PNZ080111

With the right art on the wall and lighting, this furniture might have been more appropriate
http://www.vintagedanishmodern.com/

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Here's mine:

156_W_Adams.jpg

I’m not sure how old, but I’d guess it was built c. 1882 (newspapers from 1881-1882 fell out of the dining room ceiling), with substantial remodeling c. 1918 (newspapers from 1917-1918 came out of the upstairs bathroom floor). It’s 90% original with a couple very high-end, midcentury upgrades in the kitchen, downstairs bath, and enclosed porch.

And the garage:

garage.jpg

I don't know exactly how old, but there are handwritten fuel-economy figures written on one wall dated July 1914, so it’s old. And huge for its age.

-Dave

Vanessa

One Too Many
I'm so inspired by this thread. I keep making mental decorating notes for when I have my own house someday. Keep the great picture posts coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21