Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

TOTTIE

One of the Regulars
p.s. my house was built in 1969. It has many period features. But, I suspect, it would not*be appreciated by the FL. One day, I would love to have a 30s house.

Folly

One of the Regulars
Mike1973 said:
WOW! You guys have some pretty cool pads :cool:

Here's a couple of our front room, the most period room in our little 1929 mid-terrace house -

frontroom001.jpg

frontroom007.jpg

frontroom002.jpg

We soon got fed up with the TV spoiling the whole ambience of the room, so we found an old '40's Utility cupboard, and now everything sits hidden away behind closed doors.
Favourite bit is the display cabinet, £75 at our local car boot, they delivered it as well! (I was on my pushbike :eusa_doh: )
These are from last Christmas.

I'm in love with this room! It's gorgeous!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I keep missing this thread and when I look there's always something amazing.
Marydeluxe, you really have a great eye. What a great kitchen, very well put-together. What is that backsplash?

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Thanks, the backsplash is made from a roll of sheet metal that I picked up at Lowes. I think it's similar to roof flashing. I'm using it to cover up some crappy tile work until I have time to retile! Works for me :D

missjo

Practically Family
TOTTIE said:
MissJoeri, nice film. I LOVE your sofa with the shelves... Is it comfortable?

I love it too ;)
Its comfortable but needs pillows to keep my head from getting stuck between 'the a-z of knitting' and 'how to catch a husband' ;)

Rosie

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe, your home is so cool. Love it!

This is my latest purchase and I am SUPER excited about it. It's in PERFECT condition and was only a hundred bucks!

MeQ8VYjBS20y4sn8TAV1qRCEgKaE.jpg

7ipSXUALXck8B2TghI7IjOLDzdDK.jpg

Martini Slayer

New in Town
Check this out! I just scored this 1950's, stainless steel, rotisserie oven.. in MINT condition.. for $12!

I can not believe that it had never been used, in all of 50 years! Still works GREAT!

350785984_cabd64e206.jpg

348120808_68770bd967.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Ladies!

Love, love, love those things... And Martini Slayer, if those are YOUR legs in the avatar... I hope your liability insurance is paid up... you're going to give Mr. Scotrace a coronary! (He's a gams-guy from what I hear and for that matter, so am I!)

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Love that kitchen, Mary!

MaryDeluxe said:
I've been out of touh for a little while (death in the family), so I'm just now getting around to checking out this thread. This is a GREAT kitchen, you're really working miracles. Where are you in PA (general area only)? We're planning a second FL event in NYC in May followed by the WWII Weekend in Reading, PA, the first weekend in June. -- ZF

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Zemke Fan said:
Love, love, love those things... And Martini Slayer, if those are YOUR legs in the avatar... I hope your liability insurance is paid up... you're going to give Mr. Scotrace a coronary! (He's a gams-guy from what I hear and for that matter, so am I!)

Easy there, Senator Dole... lol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Martini Slayer said:
Check this out! I just scored this 1950's, stainless steel, rotisserie oven.. in MINT condition.. for $12!

I can not believe that it had never been used, in all of 50 years! Still works GREAT!

350785984_cabd64e206.jpg

348120808_68770bd967.jpg
Awesome find. Wow, good lookin' and even knows how to cook.:eusa_clap

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
johnnydnh said:
WildRoot,

Your bed is no doubt what used to be known as a 3/4 bed. 3/4 beds are same length as the twin/full beds but are right in the middle of the two in terms of width.

Johnny is right, Wildroot. I have two 3/4 beds and I bought a new mattress for one a couple years ago. You can get it made at any mattress store (I think I went to Sleepy's), however, you have to buy the next size up (full) and they will cut it down. It costs a little bit extra, but not a whole lot. I believe all 3/4 beds are 4'x6', but measure yours just to be sure before you go to the store.

Here's a shot of the 3/4 bed I have, with the new mattress- I think it's from about the 1890's. This is my son's room. I'm in the process of doing it in a vintage Adirondack style.

100_1825.jpg

And MaryDeluxe, your place is awesome! I'm not far from you- just south of Allentown in Quakertown, PA. Holler if you need any help finding anything- I love to shop for people!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Zemke Fan- Thank you, I've been working hard on my kitchen since I've been here. Next is replacing the counter tops. I'm leaning towards a boomerang laminate with the metal edge. I live fairly close to Reading in the Lancaster area so, I am familiar with the WWII weekend but have never gotten to go. There are lots of great shops in the Adamstown area that you must check out when you come for a visit!

Sweet Leilani- Thank you! Cool a PA gal! You must let me know what kinds of shops they have around your area, I'm always looking for new vintage places to explore. Here in Lancaster County we have Adamstown. Have you ever ventured there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk