Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Foofoogal

Banned
Love it Rue. Only thing it needs now is a wreath on the front door. Love the nooks above the kitchen cabinets as well.

Warden. As no. 9 of 11 children I wore many socks dried by the stove in Winter as one could not use the outside clotheslines at the time. I survived.

rue

Love it Rue. Only thing it needs now is a wreath on the front door. Love the nooks above the kitchen cabinets as well.

Warden. As no. 9 of 11 children I wore many socks dried by the stove in Winter as one could not use the outside clotheslines at the time. I survived.

Thank you Foofoogal :) I just had a house tour so there's a wreath there now ;) I'll load some pictures of the rest of the house here in a bit.

rue

The entry hall and living room

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Sorry the pics are so dark :eusa_doh:

rue

Wot ho gang

Thought I would share this twitpic of our living room fire. I sent it out as my friends on twitter tease me about our 1940s austerity measures.

So when the children played ‘laundry’ and placed the washing to dry by the fire, I thought I would take a picture, especially as I was cooking their lunch on the stove at the time.

To me , it is perfect vintage bliss, but I fear if the children talk to much at school, I will have social services round.

http://twitpic.com/3b54ht

Till next time

Harry

That is so stinkin' cute! I have always wanted to live in England or Ireland and you just proved part of my reason why :)

Foofoogal

Banned
Absolutely stunning Rue. I so want to come drink a cup of tea and sit in your rooms.
You could easily turn this into a Bed and Breakfast IMHO.
So, so cozy.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
A beautiful set of photographs, Rue! I can't imagine how beautiful your home is in real life! It looks stunning!

How many magazines have asked for your photographs?

rue

Absolutely stunning Rue. I so want to come drink a cup of tea and sit in your rooms.
You could easily turn this into a Bed and Breakfast IMHO.
So, so cozy.

Thank you so much! I wish you could come have tea with me here too :)

Yes it is and I love it! I belong to that site :)

A beautiful set of photographs, Rue! I can't imagine how beautiful your home is in real life! It looks stunning!

How many magazines have asked for your photographs?

Awww..... thank you! Actually, no one has ever asked to put it in anything. It's just a sweet old comfortable home that we love :)

kampkatz

Practically Family
Rue, you have a house that is truly a work of art. You can be proud of it. There are no signs that any pets inhabit your home, but if they do, you do a great job of hiding that fact.

rue

Rue, you have a house that is truly a work of art. You can be proud of it. There are no signs that any pets inhabit your home, but if they do, you do a great job of hiding that fact.

Thank you very much! Yes, we have two dogs and four kids (one full time) and no, the house is never THIS clean on the average lol It was for a house tour.

Rue, your home is a jaw dropper. Really wonderful!

Thank you very much too Scotrace! That's a high compliment, since your home was one of my favorites on this thread. I love the woodwork.

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
Having just moved into an apartment with my beau (after ALOT of saving) I couldn't resist having a peek at this thread. I have to say I love what everyone has done with their homes! I'm hoping to instill a bit of 1940s into our apartment (even though the development is only 10 years old) after Christmas! If anyone has any hints on where to find some key pieces I would be delighted to hear!

I've had so much fun reading through this thread and looking at the pics!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Having just moved into an apartment with my beau (after ALOT of saving) I couldn't resist having a peek at this thread. I have to say I love what everyone has done with their homes! I'm hoping to instill a bit of 1940s into our apartment (even though the development is only 10 years old) after Christmas! If anyone has any hints on where to find some key pieces I would be delighted to hear!

Hi.

What "Key pieces" are you looking for, exactly?

rue

I don't know how it is in Ireland, but if you have consignment shops or old out of the way antique stores, those are the best places. Also ebay is a mecca of of antique-dom ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran