Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Iphone051.jpg

I'm attempting my first vintage pattern to sew. I don't know if I'm going to manage not to screw it up, but I'm going for look B, the full skirt, with a nice large flower print. Keep your fingers crossed!

SayCici

Practically Family
Hehe, thanks ladies!
Lauren, definitely! Before I'd seen the pattern and not really given it much attention because I didn't know if culottes could work on me, but for that price, why not try? :D

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
Hehe, thanks ladies!
Lauren, definitely! Before I'd seen the pattern and not really given it much attention because I didn't know if culottes could work on me, but for that price, why not try? :D
Full culottes usually work on everyone if they're full enough to look like a skirt. That pattern looks like it will do the trick. Can't wait to see them!

SayCici

Practically Family
Are the first two from VPLL? Can't wait to see them I love them both! I'm thinking about getting the beach pajamas, love the flutter sleeves.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh- love that blouse pattern, dpd.

I think the spring and warmer weather gave me pattern fever with the promise of summer around the corner. Haha. I was a bit naughty over the last few weeks, but I can't wait to make some of these up for summer. I'd been on the lookout for this halter pattern for a few years! Glad to finally have a copy.
pat1.jpg
pat2.jpg

pat3.jpg
pat4.jpg

pat5.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of this part of the 40s, but that deco-esque color blocking got to me.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SayCici-Yes they are VPLL. I want to make veiw A of the dress but I think the sleeves may be a bit overwelming so I may just start with view B as I think that's more suited for spring/summer anyway.

Lauren- I love that Butterick pattern and the halter pattern.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Cute Pattern Lady Day. I love the brown version with the matching hat and purse.

I can't believe I won this. I thought I'd be outbid for sure but i hate not to bid on something I love only to see it go for obscenly low of not sell at all. I got this for just over $5. I wish I could find gloves like that.
358765115_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran