Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Cool! What a fun box! Let us know what they're like when they reach you! :)

Kamikat, fabulous patterns! I had my eye on that last one, too. It's really nifty. I have a similar dress/suit my husband bought me at an estate sale. I'll have to take pics of it :)

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I took a gamble with this lot. I only found it on ebay 15 minutes before the auction ended. I don't know what the sizes are, but the dress designs look like they are for stout ladies so I'm hoping they are a good size, if not I might be selling them in the classifieds.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
I just bought this. I've been looking for a vintage men's shirt pattern in a large size, and this one has so many options! I'll make it for a workwear outfit for my guy.

il_430xN.99133079.jpg

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
I got this lovely children's pattern book a while back, it has gorgeous little rompers and sailor suits sooo cute! I dont want to post all the pics here and clog up the thread, but you can see some more on my blog

IMG_3786.JPG

IMG_3793.JPG

Lauren

I went for a bit of a splurge, but I totally fell in love with the cascading ruffles, and the back of the gown with the puffed sleeves has a deep V back. I don't have many evening gown patterns, so I'm thrilled! :D :D
pictorialweddinggown.JPG
pictorialweddinggown2.jpg

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Lauren, that is heart-stopping. I want to see it when you've made it up.

Lauren said:
I went for a bit of a splurge, but I totally fell in love with the cascading ruffles, and the back of the gown with the puffed sleeves has a deep V back. I don't have many evening gown patterns, so I'm thrilled! :D :D
pictorialweddinggown.JPG
pictorialweddinggown2.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Lauren, would you by any chance be using that pattern to make yourself a dress like Myrna's striped NYE one? ;)

Lauren

Oooh! That's a great idea! But I actually just bought myself a vintage striped 30s dress, so I think I might be saved that option (for now... muahaha!). But I am having fun with different options I can do with a combination of the two dresses! Add ruffles, remove ruffles, add sleeve ruffles instead of sleeves, take away sleeves all together, combine skirts... now if only they'd sew themselves up for me! ;)
Thanks, gals! Yay!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
SayCici said:
3014.JPG

Ladies, does this pattern pop up a lot? I reaaallllly like view 2.

Ive never seen it before. Its so adorable and totally you!

If you miss out on it, it seems to have a lot of elements in #2 that remind me of some 50s dresses (kimono sleeves, gathered shoulder seam) Im sure you could make shift a pattern if you lost this one.

LD

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
LOVE the suit, Kamikat!
Is that a trumpet skirt, where it's fitted at the hip but full at the hem?

I want to thank all of you for posting your patterns and your finished garments. :eusa_clap I don't think I paid a lot of attention to anything except the overall look before I started to explore patterns. It is so neat to see this little microcosm of details and appreciate the engineering that goes into the finished pieces we all love so much! Cool learning experience!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
My work schedule has been crazy and my body is back on "overnight" hours. So, with nothing to do in the wee hours and sleep nowhere in sight, I added to my collection.

I wanted a full skirt with pockets, but couldn't find anything ready-made in my size, so the skirt variation on the jumper is perfect.
4432197705_f04e8e42a1_m.jpg

I'm also excited about having a summer shirtwaist dress pattern in a size 22 1/2. Seller says it's undated 50's but I think it looks more early 60's.
4432972774_a0614520f5_m.jpg

The last is an "easy to make" Vogue pattern for a basic skirt in a waist size 36 and hips 45...woo hoo! I'm seeing fall materials and cardigans and we haven't hit spring yet!
4432971420_04a2ebe729_m.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Lauren - beautiful pattern
SayCici - Very cute dress
Kamikat - love the collar on your pattern

Today I visited one of my rented garages (I have moved houses so many times and being a very bad hoarder need the room). There are boxes and boxes of stuff I have collected over the last 20 years, I opened up a few today, loads of lovely 30's & 50's ceramics, plastics, mag's and these patterns. Originally bought from a car boot sale or jumble sale.

CIMG2899.jpg

CIMG2900.jpg

CIMG2903.jpg

CIMG2904.jpg

CIMG2905.jpg

I love that on this pattern it shows you how to cut the pattern from an old evening frock, great make do and mend.
CIMG2908.jpg

And the magazines
CIMG2909.jpg

CIMG2911.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24