Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
kamikat said:
4431682999_ce95b2c141.jpg

Lovely, that favors one of the LB scans you posted.
May I ask why your sudden re-interest in 30s fashion? :)

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Lovely, that favors one of the LB scans you posted.
May I ask why your sudden re-interest in 30s fashion? :)

LD
I've started watching 30's movies and so many of the early 30s look very classic, not costume-y. The belt-over-jacket/cardi look is very on trend. Plus, after hurting my back and spraining my ankle, I've had to give up high heels. My 50s dresses just don't look as good in flat shoes.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
kamikat said:
Here are a couple from my blizzard shopping spree!
The muslin for this one is looking fantastic! Can't wait to start on the fashion fabric!
4405747857_701cf37ac1.jpg

This is the exact pattern (exact size, even) that I'm wearing in my avatar pic -- I did some minor changes with the collar and the pockets, as you can see, but otherwise View A is the exact one I did. It's been a few years now, but I recall that as being a very easy pattern to do -- and it's still one of my favorite dresses!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
This is the exact pattern (exact size, even) that I'm wearing in my avatar pic -- I did some minor changes with the collar and the pockets, as you can see, but otherwise View A is the exact one I did. It's been a few years now, but I recall that as being a very easy pattern to do -- and it's still one of my favorite dresses!
I've made one so far, and have plans for another. I love that I was able to cut it out on day 1 and sew it to finishing on day 2, so fast!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! I totally had my eye on that second one! So glad you got that!

Well, here's my sad and happy story. I had my eye on this pattern and won it on Ebay this week. I was SO excited, but when it got here it was missing the five pieces I really wanted- for the halter top and shorts. So I sent the seller a message and they promptly refunded my money and let me keep the pattern! Even though it's missing the parts I really wanted it for, I'll probably just drape myself something similar (which I could have done without the pattern, but I was lazy). So what was a happy then sad story ended up being happy after all. Even though I don't have the pieces I need the seller still made up for it by being super nice. How refreshing!
butterick6627b.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Well, I'm afraid not- I had plans to, but since it's missing pieces I'm not going to. I'm thinking of making my own patterns inspired by this one, though.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Ah, that's a bummer, Lauren, but as you say, the seller has come through for you which is a change. Sure you can do a great job making up your own pattern too.

I've never bought a Marian Martin pattern before but after I missed out on a great McCall shirtdress a few months ago, I thought I'd go for this one. I like the slightly oversized collar and the long sleeves. That and that it is very plain and can be dressed up with accessories. Just my style!

MarianMartinShirtdress.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
!Bk8SimQCGk~$(KGrHqUH-DEEtgvoFbePBLZk8tLCbQ~~_3.JPG

I started tracing this pattern yesterday and discovered that the back yoke and upper part of the sleeve are missing.:( I am going to try and draft the missing peices but I have only ever drafted a tie end for a blouse before. Wish me luck. I will be heartbroken if I can't make those sleeves. :(

Marla

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
il_430xN.132183514.jpg

Couldn't pass this up for $5. :)

Cici, this would make a wonderful casual outfit. I've been looking for a pattern like this (or the real deal) for a few months now! Lucky girl. ;)

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
!Bk8SimQCGk~$(KGrHqUH-DEEtgvoFbePBLZk8tLCbQ~~_3.JPG

I started tracing this pattern yesterday and discovered that the back yoke and upper part of the sleeve are missing.:( I am going to try and draft the missing peices but I have only ever drafted a tie end for a blouse before. Wish me luck. I will be heartbroken if I can't make those sleeves. :(
What a beautiful pattern Deadpan Diva. If you can't draft the sleeves, I think Simplicity has a modern pattern with similar sleeves. http://www.simplicity.com/p-3059-misses-tops.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy