Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Vanessa, those dresses are beautiful! :eusa_clap
Is ebay the best place to find vintage patterns? I've also found some great one's at the local goodwill

Caledonia

Practically Family

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
The latest buys

This one seperately because it deserves it...

beltbackpg.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
Lauren, that's an AMAZING pattern at a great price. I'm green with envy!

Quick Question, are the buttons for real down the front, or are they decoration?

Just think, if it was a new Vogue pattern it would retail for twice that.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thaks, gals! I'm thinking they're real buttons... but I bought this buttonloop cording that I think I could cheat with. Not period correct, because it has elastic, but it would work!

JustJen

Familiar Face
I just received this pattern for $6.50. It's a steal for me since it's really hard to find patterns my size in a 'swingy' type dress.

dsp_s43151.jpg

I bought some navy cotton broadcloth that at first I thought was rayon. It was literally that smooth and drapey. $5.99/yd at the local quilters shop.

Jen

LizzieMaine

Bartender
'Nother new arrival....

8907A.jpg

A "Sue Burnett" mail-order pattern, number 8907. Not sure when I'll get to making it up, but I'm determined to do it before the summer's gone!

(BTW, this was the fastest eBay shipment I've gotten in eight years of 'Baying. It got here in *two days!*)

Etienne

A-List Customer
Wiping drool off mouth....Oh, Lauren, that gown is gorgeous!! And, MissNeecerie, that last one with the short sleeves is just delicious! And LizzieMaine, ditto!!!

Caledonia

Practically Family
My preference is the short dress version, but only because the sticky uppy one isn't "me" if you know what I mean. Can't do frills. I am so envious you have a hat like that. I must get round to making one. :)

Caledonia

Practically Family
Oh so many, oh such small sizes. But: 30s, Page 1 " Gorgeous horsehair wide brim" - in MY SIZE (almost, and close enough to make it worth the attempt) :eusa_clap Sadly it's not yet pay day. Don't sell it, don't sell it....:)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I have one very similar to that one--mine is trimmed in pleated brown grosgrain ribbon. I wear it perched on the back of my head and it has a very "Scarlett O'Hara" effect. You can also wear it as a tilt hat, pulled low over one eye. Because it doesn’t sit squarely on your head, the size isn't as much of an issue as you would think.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll, love them both! Very pretty! I love the entire look of the floral dress, plus, you can wear it a whole lot more than the other, but I do like keeping some elegant dresses around in my closet ;)
Jitterbug, do you sew?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou