Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

palespider

One of the Regulars
I really wanted this. i was happy to win it.

39814_1280215140058_1670444493_564316_1605211_n.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
McCall Pattern Cataloge from 138-1939. YAY!!!!!
0807mccalls.jpg=450

This is missing the front yoke peice and sleeve. The front peice should be easy to draft. And I can find a similar sleeve but couldn't draft anything nearly as lovley as that.
wpt30s30631mccall7355miss.jpg

This is missing the but the apron but a cute basic dress non the less.
wpt40ss34251advances1910.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
kamikat said:
wpt30s34288newyork3070.jpg

This arrived today and was missing all the skirt pieces.
Too bad although that skirt is none too complex.
Look at the illustration... Someone marked X in pencil on the right hand skirt.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Can you return the pattern. At least you check your's right away. I am currenty going though all my patterns (at least 100) and counting all the pieces). I got sick finding out my patterns were incomplete 6 months after I bought them.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Before I leave feedback I count the pieces of my patterns (unless its like a huge lot, then I wont bother). Taking the ten minutes to do that right after purchase has saved me a couple hundred dollars from pattern price refunds.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I got it from Woodland Farms and emailed them last night. We'll see what happens. The skirt looks easy enough to draft myself, but the point is that it wasn't as advertised.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Blueprints of Fashion

Hi. I'm not sure if this belongs here or if I should have started a new thread but I was wondering if anyone has the "Blueprints of Fashion: Home Sewing Patterns of the 1950s" book.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blueprints-...gners-Collectors/dp/0764309196/ref=pd_sim_b_8
How did you get on with it? Was it a decnt purchase or totally useless? Some feedback about how you got on with the book would be very much appreciated.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Rosie_Beau said:
Hi. I'm not sure if this belongs here or if I should have started a new thread but I was wondering if anyone has the "Blueprints of Fashion: Home Sewing Patterns of the 1950s" book.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blueprints-...gners-Collectors/dp/0764309196/ref=pd_sim_b_8
How did you get on with it? Was it a decnt purchase or totally useless? Some feedback about how you got on with the book would be very much appreciated.
What do you mean by that? It doesn't have actual patterns. It's a book about pattern design in the 1950's. There are lots of pictures of pattern envelopes and a bit of history about each brand.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
What do you mean by that? It doesn't have actual patterns. It's a book about pattern design in the 1950's. There are lots of pictures of pattern envelopes and a bit of history about each brand.
Ohhh! I was looking at it on Amazon and couldn't see inside it to figure out what it was about. I'm still pretty green to this sewing malarky.
Thanks!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
deadpandiva said:
McCall Pattern Cataloge from 138-1939. YAY!!!!!
0807mccalls.jpg=450

This is missing the front yoke peice and sleeve. The front peice should be easy to draft. And I can find a similar sleeve but couldn't draft anything nearly as lovley as that.
wpt30s30631mccall7355miss.jpg

STUNNING. I love the dress, and I've had a McCall "fashion book" like that on my wish list for years. Good finds!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24