Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Now that I Have slopers I can have a bit of leeway in the sizes of patterns I get.

8701.jpg

Gaw! A cape, a suit dress AND its double breasted. *droolllllll*

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I know, that McCall is wicked. Its my next repro.

I LURV the Pictorial one too. I didnt even notice the drawing, all I thought was, "I want to be that mega cool lady in the suit dress!"

LD

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Sooo gorgeous! I love cape combinations in patterns! I have one on my list for the cold weather creeping its way in.

Lady Day said:
Now that I Have slopers I can have a bit of leeway in the sizes of patterns I get.

8701.jpg

Gaw! A cape, a suit dress AND its double breasted. *droolllllll*

LD

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
can you help?

A bit cheeky I know but I was wondering if any of you ladies have this pattern?

hollywood.jpg

I fell in love with it straight away but the downer is that it hasn’t got the instruction sheet! It’s also missing the sleeve but the only thing I can do about that is to look through my collection to find a similar sleeve to fit and adapt. (or rather my mum can)
So the big ask…… If you do have the pattern amongst your collection would it be possible to have a copy???? Terribly cheeky, maybe a long shot thought and a big ask but I’m terrible with the instruction sheet and just imagine what I would be like without one!
:eek:
Tupney x

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Tuppence said:
A bit cheeky I know but I was wondering if any of you ladies have this pattern?

I fell in love with it straight away but the downer is that it hasn’t got the instruction sheet! It’s also missing the sleeve but the only thing I can do about that is to look through my collection to find a similar sleeve to fit and adapt. (or rather my mum can)
So the big ask…… If you do have the pattern amongst your collection would it be possible to have a copy???? Terribly cheeky, maybe a long shot thought and a big ask but I’m terrible with the instruction sheet and just imagine what I would be like without one!
:eek:
Tupney x

I just found it on Ebay. You could buy it or ask the seller for a copy of the instructions.

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
This is missing the front yoke peice and sleeve. The front peice should be easy to draft. And I can find a similar sleeve but couldn't draft anything nearly as lovley as that.
wpt30s30631mccall7355miss.jpg

This is missing the but the apron but a cute basic dress non the less.
wpt40ss34251advances1910.jpg
I just received these patterns. The Mcall Pattern is missing the entire jacket, back skirt inset, bottom pocket peice and sleeve band, but the puff sleeve and yoke front are present. than So it's actually a lot better than I thought. I should be able tl draft the pocket and sleeve band easly. :)

The Advance pattern was altered by the previous owner to be sleeveless but I should be able to fix that also.

BombshellBettie

New in Town
@ Lady Day...LOVE LOVE the cape suit!

@ Miss. T....I think that pattern has great potential, its a versatile suit if nothing else so many fabric & print options!

Great finds ladies, I'm jealous..I'm broke right now =(

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yay! I won this playsuit :) It's from 1940. I'm slooowly acquiring a collection of summer outfits as shown in a McCall magazine layout. Yeah, I'm a dork :p
mccall3645.JPG

Aren't the shoes a hoot? Looks like clogs and chunky sandals a la Birkenstocks. lol
And I admit I totally don't get the 1939-1940 fashion for sunbonnets to match playsuits. A little too little girl-ish for me.

swinggal

One Too Many
Got this at an antique fair yesterday. Cool playsuit/jumpsuit pattern. Size 34, about 1939 but too small for me, but I know someone will want it so I will probably sell it.

"Pauline" patterns were Australian made and you only see them come up now and again.

IMG_0124.jpg

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
my new projects

hey all, haven't been around here in a long while! Loving the pattern finds!!

Here are some of my buys from the last few weeks...getting started on the wedding/prom dress now (not for me :p !) All patterns are from 1960 - 1963.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ck0hUZUj1...AAMc/AllwkHjKFs8/s400/vintageweddingdress.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ck0hUZUj1jU/THFc3bVmznI/AAAAAAAAAMU/eeBtzoFkHnM/s400/7pattern.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ck0hUZUj1jU/THFc3FbphTI/AAAAAAAAAMM/XjzCgvo2kuY/s400/suitpattern.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
I am having *the* best luck with $7 '30s patterns!

Picture17.png

LD
I have this one too, it is easy to make and really cute on. I have made it in white piqué and in a green floral with a white yoke.
Both of them, for some reason, the yokes have disintegrated (sunscreen?) and I have to recut and replace. But it is easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner