Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Oooh la la!

Hi ladies:

i just bought these about a week ago.

226fp920.jpg

448ff869.jpg

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
New 50s swimsuit pattern but what fabric to use?

400px-Vogue9749.jpg

I just bought this pattern and am wondering whether I should true to the period cotton or to stick with modern lycra. I'm worried that the cotton will fade quickly and chafe. On the other hand, I'm worried that the lycra will be too droopy. What do you think?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
That's a really cute swimsuit! I've had a Vogue swimsuit pattern in my collection for over 5 years, trying to decide which fabric to use. :D

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
I recently bought this pattern for 8 dollars, to find it has NO instruction sheet. And I havent been sewing for very long so im not sure if i could figure it out. especially the ruffled sleeves, since ive never done anything like that before. What do you suggest?...

15x2787.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lady Day said:

I heard from the seller and apparently they can not find this pattern! :cry:
The seller is being very gracious about it and is offering me many choices, but I wanted the cape/dress combo! Wahhh!

We will see if she finds it, I hope so!

In the mean time I needed something to make me feel a little better.

This $6 pattern helped :)
3782.png

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love that Simplicity Pattern Lady Day. I was sad that it wasn't in my size. I hope the seller will be able to find the Pictorial Review pattern.
Sickofitcindy-I love the swimsuit pattern.
:eek:fftopic:
NicoleAnn-Love the dark hair on you.

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
Nicole Ann, if you come to Brooklyn you can trace it. I'd offer to do it but I'm so slow. Poor Jennifer Rose has been waiting months and months for me to get off my lazy behind.

graceland

New in Town
NicoleAnn said:
I recently bought this pattern for 8 dollars, to find it has NO instruction sheet. And I havent been sewing for very long so im not sure if i could figure it out. especially the ruffled sleeves, since ive never done anything like that before. What do you suggest?...

15x2787.jpg

Wow, you're in luck because I own the same pattern and I have the instructions^^

EDIT: I uploaded scans to photobucket but they were automatically re-sized. I can e-mail larger scans if you want them: Scan1 Scan2 Scan3 Scan4

I just bought 2 pattern from Ebay:

zvvqy9.jpg

20tp1mr.jpg

Edit: I should stop browsing through this thread because it makes me feel tempted to go buy more patterns XD

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Just got these yesterday 5$ each :)
mccalls7265.jpg
The McCall 7265 is marked 1933 and is all there uncut :D
hollywood1825.jpg

The problem with the Hollywood 1825 is that its only the pattern pieces, so i have a question for you gals, are all unmarked pattern keys the same? Or would i need to search out a Hollywood deltor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner