Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
TexasTawny001 said:
SimplicityPattern1993.jpg

I'm always looking for good culottes or a culotte dress! The 'more vintage' the better!! I esspecially love the full ones that look like a skirt!!

I'm positively IN LOVE with this dress!! I'm looking for more like it or a similar sewing pattern. Any suggestions?

That dress is lovely.

I've had a nose on ebay and the culotte dress patterns available seem to have quite slim culottes, your best bet would be to put 2 patterns together, a nice full culotte and a tailored blouse. I'm sure it would be worth the effort.

Just found a few patterns on Etsy that you may be interested in, Simplicity 3932 & 3637.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Land-O-LakesGal said:
Joie Devive I totally agree I have always wanted to embroider on clothing does anyone on here ever do it I haven't noticed it yet. That little bird with its clothes pin is adorable. Deadpan Diva great score!

Come to think of it, despite having the ability, I haven't done any embroidery on clothes. I've done bunches of tea towels and pillowcases, but never clothes. I'll have to remedy that!

TexasTawny001

New in Town
That reminds me: can anyone point me to information on adjusting sizing on patterns? I'm having trouble finding patterns big enough for me!! (and they say women were not as skinny and 'fuller figured' back then!! I think not!)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Ladyday those are amazing.

I can't beleive I won this. I didn't think I had a chance. My face hurts from smiling.

403513502_o.jpg

I got this also but it's not nearly as exiting.
il_430xN.172757684.jpg

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Land-O-LakesGal said:
thats an awesome pattern DPD congrats:) :eusa_clap

Oh I love this pattern!! Nothing like good culottes!! I'm totally envious!! It reminds me of a 30s 'Hostess Pajama' pattern vie been desperately searching for!!

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
I picked up a few nice vintage patterns at an antique mall in South Carolina. Each pattern was 1 or 2 dollars. Pretty good! Sadly they are all two sizes too small.

What would be the correct way of enlarging them? The one I'm using is a size 14 and I need it to be a size 18. Would I be adding two inches to the patterns sides all around or just to each side of the width?

Here's the pattern I'll be using.

IMG_2951.jpg

Thank you! <3

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Start by just adding it to the side seams, then make a muslin. This will tell you if you need to add anywhere else.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Jezebel_Amazon said:
I picked up a few nice vintage patterns at an antique mall in South Carolina. Each pattern was 1 or 2 dollars. Pretty good! Sadly they are all two sizes too small.

What would be the correct way of enlarging them? The one I'm using is a size 14 and I need it to be a size 18. Would I be adding two inches to the patterns sides all around or just to each side of the width?

Here's the pattern I'll be using.

IMG_2951.jpg

Thank you! <3
You may want to measure the bodice pieces and subtract the seam allowance or just make a muslin of the bodice. I am a size 18 and I made a 50's Marian Martin pattern in a size 14 for my much thinner twin sister and it ended up being to big for her and a perfect fit for me.

TexasTawny001

New in Town
My new pattern

I just purchased this great pattern on etsy!

c224ac94.jpg

It's so versatile! I'm excited! I'll have to size/grade it a bit, but that's ok! A girlfriend and I will be attending our FIRST WWII event in Waxahacie in Nov! We are excited! I'm hoping to have this sewn by then!:p

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
deadpandiva said:
Ladyday those are amazing.

I can't beleive I won this. I didn't think I had a chance. My face hurts from smiling.

403513502_o.jpg
Hey, neat! I have this one, too. I made it up, but changed the opening to a button front. It's a really awesome pattern. Congrats!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner