Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

HepKitty

One Too Many
Jezebel_Amazon said:
I picked up a few nice vintage patterns at an antique mall in South Carolina. Each pattern was 1 or 2 dollars. Pretty good! Sadly they are all two sizes too small.

What would be the correct way of enlarging them? The one I'm using is a size 14 and I need it to be a size 18. Would I be adding two inches to the patterns sides all around or just to each side of the width?

Here's the pattern I'll be using.

IMG_2951.jpg

Thank you! <3

I agree w/ DPD, make one out of muslin as-is. I made a 14 MM patterns and it was huge on me even though according to the charts I'm a 14. a short one that is, I always need to bring the waistline up

that dress is gorgeous I'm jealous, and the culottes are to die for

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
So I went out today to Hancock Fabrics with my Mom, and together we bought 10 Butterick Retro patterns and I got 1 Vogue Vintage pattern, And yesterday i bought 2 retro Buttericks and 3 Vintage Vogues. The Buttericks were 89 cents and the Vouges were 4 dollars. the sale ends today. but Im in pattern heaven now!!!
id show you all of them but theres too many, and most of you already know what they look like.
:D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love the Hancock and Joanne Fabrics pattern sales.
Here are my latest. I wish I would have seen Lauren's latest pattern before I purchased these though.
wpt40s23780marianmar9653.jpg
wpt40s34261newyork1540.jpg

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
Lovely patterns DPD!

I've just got a nice, versatile Hollywood blouse pattern - I'm trying to stock up on seperates for winter. The back neck facing is missing, but it shouldn't be hard to draft one up.
hol1318.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Sunny,

pat2057.jpg

This pattern is missing the bodice back but that should be easy to draft. I found the most beuatiful Slate Blue suiting fabric to make it from. I think it's perfect for the fall/winter.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Thanks Sunny,

pat2057.jpg

This pattern is missing the bodice back but that should be easy to draft. I found the most beuatiful Slate Blue suiting fabric to make it from. I think it's perfect for the fall/winter.

That red dress is just what I have been looking for! What number does the pattern have, Du Barry 21..? Could I politely ask for a more close up photo of it? :)

Marla

A-List Customer
DPD has the best '30s patterns! We're all jealous. You should go into the pattern-reproduction biz, Miss.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
That red dress is just what I have been looking for! What number does the pattern have, Du Barry 21..? Could I politely ask for a more close up photo of it? :)
The pattern is 2142B. If you'd still like to see a larger pic, I'll scan it when I receive it. I hope I can recreat the bodice back as I want to make this on soon.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Marla said:
DPD has the best '30s patterns! We're all jealous. You should go into the pattern-reproduction biz, Miss.

Thanks. I need to stop buying for A while and get to making some of the the patterns I already have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21