Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

I just won the blouse pattern. I have been needing a blouse pattern for ages. I wanted something more 40's then 50's but this will do for now. It was in my size with a BIN so I couldn't pass it up.
7837.JPG

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
cassylynn said:
I just picked up the newest pattern from EvaDress. It is a 1935 Beach Dress and is multi-size.

That's so pretty Cassylynn, you'll have to tell us how it turns out!

I bought a couple patterns from Eva Dress, including one that was discontinued (I asked about it and she was kind enough to go rummaging for me). Great customer service and she couldn't be nicer.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Originally posted by Snookie:
Here's a picture of the dress I made from it, sorry for the goofy pose, but it's a good full-length shot. I used a rayon crepe (my favorite fabric), it worked well with all those tucks.

Snookie, where do you find your rayon crepe? I'd love to find some but haven't so far. Do you buy it online, or in a brick-and-mortar store?

Snookie

Practically Family
ShoreRoadLady said:
Snookie, where do you find your rayon crepe? I'd love to find some but haven't so far. Do you buy it online, or in a brick-and-mortar store?

I've gotten it in the LA fashion district, at a huge store called Michael Levine. They carried it for a while in some pastel colors and some prints, but lately I haven't seen any good rayon there. It was only $2 per yard, so I stocked up, but I still hope they'll start carrying it again.

Sorry I'm not more help!

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
You gals are evil, evil I say! I think I've spent more money on vintage patterns this week than I have in the past 3 months combined. But thank you for the links, I'm amazed at what I can find in the bigger sizes, though I'm still going to have to do a bit of resizing and muslin making. Can't wait! I'll post what I bought when it arrives.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
I've gotten it in the LA fashion district, at a huge store called Michael Levine. They carried it for a while in some pastel colors and some prints, but lately I haven't seen any good rayon there. It was only $2 per yard, so I stocked up, but I still hope they'll start carrying it again.

Sorry I'm not more help!

I love Michael Levine, I wish I lived closer to the garment district, but looks like I'm going to be making a trip up there when I have a 4 day weekend at the end of the month. Oh how I love the garment district!

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Originally posted by Snookie:

Sorry I'm not more help!

Actually, that was very helpful - thank you! :) Hopefully it'll show up again.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
ShoreRoadLady said:

Last time I was at Fabrics and Fabrics downtown LA they had lots of different colors.
Fabrics & Fabrics
403 E. 9th Street
Los Angeles, CA
Phone (213) 488-0681
I also have gotten it from http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com online. (I actually have some of the black and creme on that site I want to get rid of...)

lyburnum

Practically Family
Just won these as well:

3661.jpg

3655.jpg

Which I bought because I want to make something similar to this:

GarageSale_1212890446_10560.jpg

Which plan on using the 2nd or 5th pattern for. But like ShoreRoadLady they came in a lot, so I took 'em all :D

GreyAndWhiteCat

Familiar Face
I just got these :)

This is copyrighted in 1941, pre cut. I have never used one before so I'm a bit apprehending...
ShirtSkirtCut.jpg

No copyright on this one, but I think this to is from 1941. It is cut but compleat. I love the description one the envelope: Misses Mannish Jacket :D
JacketCut.jpg

I always wanted a 40s pajamas. It is uncut and from the later half of the 40s.
PyjamaCut.jpg

And a transfer pattern for embroider. I love roses :)
VogartCut.jpg

leaette

A-List Customer
Not sure where to put this so I'm putting this in here. I was just looking at the Martha Stewart website and they have a free pattern for a cute beret. Seems easy enough. Would be really cute to make one in a matching fabric if you make a suit or a dress.

http://tinyurl.com/3l7qrx

Ordered this on to make something to go with my dress for the London ladies night out

V8052.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could (make and) wear to keep myself warm? I'm making this;
V2903.jpg

or this;
V2960.jpg

I think the second one would look nice with a bolero jacket perhaps? But what about the first? I am leaning towards that one tbh,it doesn't have buttonholes...

Sorry...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy