Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Sunny said:
Cute! Definitely cotton - or maybe linen! (And what's the nautical definition for chafing? *is a slight nautical nerd*)

Oh, yes...definitely cotton...and in one fabric, just like the drawing. I really like those stripes.

"Chafing when used as a nautical term describes the process of wear on a line or sail caused by constant rubbing against a hard, usually metallic, surface." :)

Thighs + Heat + Humidity = Chafing :) YOWCH!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Inky said:
retrogirl1941, I don't think that would be appropriate to wear if someone came over. I mean for me, I'd feel uncomfortable in my robe. What about just a day dress in cotton (with a sweater for these cold days) or something like that to change into after you get up in the morning? I'm guessing you want to be dressing vintage all the time - I put on my sweats, but I am no purist.

I guess what I meant was something I could wear if someone knocks on my door and not be embarassed. I have a few cotton housesdresses,rayons and wools. I think I need to find a hostess dress pattern still. I started the 1948 dressing gown today. Its turning out nice.

Samantha

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
this weekend's project:
340702602.jpg

also I bought this, it was super crazy cheap (thank you ebay) and I thought if I shortened the sleeves and made some other slight changes I could make it more my style. I think the pattern is from the 70s
75dd_1.JPG

I was thinking about making the sleeves about 1/2 the length and maybe sewing the front of the dress all the way up. Does anybody else have any ideas maybe?

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
definitely. I think i should maybe widen the skirt too, in order to give it more volume. I bought this pattern so that I could practice making changes and customizing things, and wanted to start simple

Sunny

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:
clpattern.jpg

This one, too!

Good for you! I was watching that one!

My latest acquisitions:

patt_butt_pj.jpg

1930s lounging pajamas. I'm going to try the long-sleeved version in gray corduroy with raspberry-red contrasts.

DSC01567.jpg

My first true vintage Vogue! This one'll wait a while until I find a good solid or near-solid to use. I don't want to hide the fancy seaming.

DSC01566.jpg

I love the floaty sleeves, the yoke shape, and the pleat back. I've got a pretty pink and green cotton print I'm going to try it with.

112530785_o.jpg

I am thrilled to get this one. It's what the Lady Adventurer needs! Pockets, belt, double-pleat back - it has it all. The only issue is that it's a 14 and I really need a 16. I guess I'm going to learn some grading. Yay.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
lol I have McCall 1393! We can be twins! lol
I am LOVING that last suit. That's a super rare find. Yummy! I'm a sucker for patch pockets and belted back suits with back vents.

Vanessa

One Too Many
I guess this counts as a pattern. :) Got this for a steal while I was away on vacation. From 1942:

8884_12.JPG

736d_12.JPG

7863_12.JPG

7b65_12.JPG

82ad_12.JPG

Cool, huh?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My first 30's patterns
3231744128_d050ed55fe.jpg

I plan on making a short sleeve version of view 2 in teal linen in my stash for my Easter dress.
3230895311_317fb4d594.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Kamikat, the first one is a good 30s summer frock. I like the inset around the neckline.

I'm such a sucker for anything they illustrate with stripes! I have to say to myself, that is awfully similar to many other frocks that come up and I cannot buy it just because the stripes look so nice in the picture....

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Ooooh, love the Bebe icon, brunettebeauty!

I got these yesterday:

anne.jpg

brenda.jpg

I bought this too small on purpose so I can teach myself to resize it. I've always wanted a 40s shorts outfit, but never saw one in my size. And don't worry gals -- I'll be tracing the pattern and working from that one so as not to cut up an original. ;)

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne said:
Ooooh, love the Bebe icon, brunettebeauty!

I got these yesterday:

anne.jpg

brenda.jpg

I bought this too small on purpose so I can teach myself to resize it. I've always wanted a 40s shorts outfit, but never saw one in my size. And don't worry gals -- I'll be tracing the pattern and working from that one so as not to cut up an original. ;)

Ooooo! That short outfit is divine! I can't wait to see what you make!

Miss RM

Familiar Face
epr25 said:
I have this pattern that I just scanned in at full size that I could e-mail to anyone if interested. If you want to print at full size any blue print company could do this for a couple of dollars.

pants6small.jpg
[/IMG]

epr25, if you're still offering it, I would *love* a copy of this pattern! I'm really poor at the moment, and can't afford any online purchases, but I'm dying to make a pair of vintage style pants!

Thanks,
Karen

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I think I made it over two whole weeks without buying a pattern, which is crazy. :) BUT...made this purchase last night....all the possiblities! I just had to.....It's a wrap blouse, 2 styles skirts and a bolero.

Now I just need some shorts and peddlepushers as above.:rolleyes:

ml2166.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany