Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Just won this one
!BRGI)lw!2k~$(KGrHgoOKkIEjlLmVUyCBJ8NDlYZuQ~~_1.JPG

Ooohh, that's so sweet! I have some incredible hand painted silk butterflies that were made for my mom in the late 40's for a yellow dress and later put on a yellow 70's halter dress for me that would look fantastic on that! too bad I don't have occasions for ballgowns ;)

I can't wait to see that made up, short or long!!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Just bought these:

newpatt.jpg

newpatt2.jpg

I could've gone crazy, but I'm only buying patterns in my size for now.

These are some I've acquired since I was last here:

simplicity2390.jpg

simplicity4607.jpg

simplicity1719.jpg

hollywood763.jpg

hollywood1666.jpg

simplicity4673.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
1a12_1.JPG

This is the first pattern Ive ever bought that I don't intend to make. I had never seen a maternity pattern over 40 bust before. Plus it was only $3.99 :D

LD

Miss Sis

One Too Many
LD, does it say on the back it's a maternity pattern? It looks like a regular smock?

I'm always interested in vintage maternity patterns, just to see how they 'work'. Lots of wrapping round the back styles. One of the best I saw had pleated pieces let in the sides and a belt that started by buttoning right around at the back and you let it out either side as you went. Clever and chic.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Vanessa said:
A few recent acquisitions:

000b4ph2

Snagged all four of these for less than $15. Score! :D

Did you get the skirt pattern from ebay? I had my eye on that but thought it would draw attention to my least favorite asset. It's lovley though.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Sis said:
LD, does it say on the back it's a maternity pattern? It looks like a regular smock?

Yeah, after looking at it more closely, Im inclided to agree. Ill have to look at the directions inside or the back when it arrives to see.

The thing that haults me is all the smock patterns I have own the women holding brushes, yard items, and stuff to show its for cover up.

Aw well, Ill see when it arrives.

Darn eBay listers. :rage:

LD

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne said:
Just bought these:
hollywood763.jpg

You always find the best patterns! This style is really catching my eye lately; for some reason over sized buttons and oddly-shaped pockets are my "sewing distraction" right now. lol. So cute--can't wait to see what fabric you make it up in! :)

Vanessa

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Did you get the skirt pattern from ebay? I had my eye on that but thought it would draw attention to my least favorite asset. It's lovley though.

Yep - ebay. When(ever) I make it, I'll probably just sew the pleats down a little further.

Foofoogal

Banned
I was listing patterns today and found an extra piece.

It is the crown side back for pattern 1538. I believe it is for a hat. I know it is vintage and maybe from the 1940s. It is C. It is printed in French as well as English. It says Couture also along the bottom.
If anyone needs this piece I will send it to them. I hate just throwing it away.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I purchased this from Miss Lauren's etsy shop last night:

butterick5226.jpg

The top half is to die for! I'll probably make the skirt narrower.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, yeah, I swore off WWII fashions forever after my last dress, but after doing a bunch of muslins this weekend, I discovered that WWII styles work for me if they are smooth between the bust and waist. So, I am now looking for princess seamed, Empire waisted or darted (instead of tucked or pleated) dresses.
dub_5612_frock_env.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou