Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow, that cape is spectacular. I may have to see if I can finagle that design from patterns I already have :)

Two came in the mail today;

Advance2348.jpg
simplicity2689.jpg

Some friends of mine are expecting their first, and the hubby wants surprise the misses with some vintage maternity wear. It will be my first venture into maternity patterns, Im excited and I have tons of muslin at the ready.

I was reading through the instructions and this amused me (read the bottom). I love how patterns talked to women like children.

2348.jpg

lol

LD

texasgirl

One Too Many
Yeah, he's a friend. I'm sure they are on the way. Do you have his email? I know he's been swamped with patterns. He's opening a new site with thousands of vintage patterns.

Vanessa

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Has anyone ever ordered from Vintage Martini? I ordered a couple patterns last Monday and they still aren't here.

Yes, I order from there all the time. Ken is currently in the middle of a big sale & restocking so I'm sure everything's a bit behind. I've never had a problem with them before.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Ok, thanks, ladies. I had planned for one of the new patterns to be my birthday dress, I guess I'll make something else and just relax about it.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
mailorder%202657%20a.jpg

This is not as cute as the one I got for my sister but it's similar and we can dress alike.
151_pd1951499_1.jpg

il_430xN.67468537.jpg

I hope my mother can help me with this crochete pattern.
il_430xN.69117128.jpg

This magazine with two dress patterns. I am asuming I will have to draft parts of the patterns but I think I am up two it. Sadley the coat pattern is not included and I am in love with it.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Well...here's the last of my patterns for awhile---for real this time---until I find a job or sell some of the patterns I have but don't love.
The fun-money has finally run out! :) Curses!!

mmblouse.jpg
mm9191.jpg
m4148.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
I just bought this one. Its 1960, but I think if I make the straps a bit differently, perhaps thin them and make them cross in front and tie at the neck, it will look more like 50s style which is what I like. Any other suggestions to make it more 50s?
Then again, I kind of like that it will hide that underarm pudge.
il_fullxfull.62651377.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Slightly :eek:fftopic: but, has anyone else got ridiculously excited when they find a pattern which they already have a garment made from?

I have an evening dress, which has been slightly modified from the pattern (I actually like my dress better than the pattern view) and yesterday I found a pattern for a day dress that I bought from a friend! Funnily enough they have both been McCalls patterns which are probably my favourite vintage patterns for style, fit and graphics.

Both garments are 1930s, by the way.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I got some new patterns that I'm thrilled with, but will never buy from that eBay seller every again. For 3 patterns, I paid $10 shipping. Having recently sold a ton of patterns, I know exactly how much it costs to ship patterns.
I love this one because it has a modern feel to it, with a nice vintage fit.
269686913_o.jpg

I'll save this for winter.
269755548_o.jpg

I've bee looking for a vintage nightgown that would be a good candidate for adding a built-in shelf bra. I think this one will work.
269754256_o.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
1985.jpg

H786.jpg

And two I bought from the Vogue sale:

V2401.jpg

I think this one looks better made up than on the picture.

V2902.jpg

Goning to hit Jo-Ann's on Saturday for more bargain Vogues AND a 10% off coupon on top of that! Whoo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic