Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

miss_killin

Familiar Face
4-1.jpg

3-9.jpg

2-14.jpg

1-12.jpg

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
Foofoogal said:
I was listing patterns today and found an extra piece.

It is the crown side back for pattern 1538. I believe it is for a hat. I know it is vintage and maybe from the 1940s. It is C. It is printed in French as well as English. It says Couture also along the bottom.
If anyone needs this piece I will send it to them. I hate just throwing it away.

You might want to check out www.PatternRescue.com. They're a non-profit site that takes in peoples' unwanted patterns (including bits and pieces of them) and then redistribute them through the site to people who need them. There is also a recycle section and a trade section. It's actually quite neat, works on a points and honor system. I've worked with them and they were wonderful.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
8c37_1.JPG

I got this from the VIntage PAttern Lending Library store on eBay.

I couldnt wait for a real 30s hat pattern any longer. Hope this one is good.

LD

Redhead

New in Town
I picked these two up on ebay today. Yea for summer dresses!
This one is a maternity dress but it was too cute to pass up.
BR8TJwBWkKGrHgoOKjwEjlLmSt7BKmyd4Wt.jpg

I like the short sleeve version of this one with the pocket on the bodice.
Q78AGQWU5EL9.jpg

Chandra

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
8c37_1.JPG

LD
Really love views A and C!

I would get it right away if the shipment to Belgium wasn't so ridiculously high :(

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Oh, no! I have fallen in love with a $60 pattern. I'm trying to justify it, but I don't think I can. Would y'all spend that much on a pattern?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive paid more than that for a couple... :eek:
Granted, one had like 4 full items in it, and in my exact size. I would if it is a 'perfect' fit for what you are looking for.

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
me too :eusa_doh:
sometimes it's worth it, if they're super rare. Of course, I don't think I've made those ones yet, so manbe it wasn't. [huh]

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Oh, no! I have fallen in love with a $60 pattern. I'm trying to justify it, but I don't think I can. Would y'all spend that much on a pattern?

I wouldn't. I've seen many early 30s Hollywood patterns in my size and passed them up because of the price :( But I have spent that much on a few, though, too :eek:

I got a few newies:

hollywood1796.jpg

From 1939

simplicity8485.jpg

And what their daughters what have worn, 1969. I'm developing a slight obsession with 60s/70s mini-dresses.

Shirin

A-List Customer
kamikat said:

No, I wouldn't. I just paid $15.99 for my newest one and that is the most I've ever spent on a pattern. If you like it just log the info into saved search and wait a while to see if someone else posts it. At sixty dollars I doubt that pattern will be moving any time soon. But really its all up to you, how much you can afford, and ask yourself if you can live without it or not.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
8c37_1.JPG

LD
Definitely do muslins first - I have their pattern with the zig-zag seam, that is listed as a 20s cloche (when it is so obviously 1930 - 32) and it ran TINY. And I have a tiny head! I have to make another one and grade it up an inch everywhere and see if that works.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
P1170689.jpg

A 20s dress I would actually wear. Im thinking a black wool crepe with white silk sash and collar :)

LD
I adore that. But it couldn't possibly be earlier than 29 - and probably is 1930. It has the 1930 transitional waist belt and hip seam going on. Which is why it is attractive!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss 1929 said:
Definitely do muslins first - I have their pattern with the zig-zag seam, that is listed as a 20s cloche (when it is so obviously 1930 - 32) and it ran TINY. And I have a tiny head! I have to make another one and grade it up an inch everywhere and see if that works.

Thanks for the tip :)
I have a HUGE head anywho, so I knew Id be grading.

As for the 20s pattern, the seller said it had a copyright date of '25.
We'll see...

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic