Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Oh I love them all especially the 30’s ones- I so wish to wear more thirties instead of forties all the time but I never have much luck the pattern department any more.
Great finds every one… said with great envy!

shebagrl

Familiar Face
Just the other day, I got this cutie (my size and 2 cute dresses for one money? I'm pleased as punch!)

4854778006_977143637f.jpg

(*edited to get the image to properly embed!)

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
swinggal I love your tennis dress pattern, it's so simple in style.

Unfortunately I don't have a 30's figure to match, so can only gaze fondly at your lovely pattern.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
marianmartinbook.jpg

I paid way more for this than I wanted to, but I was *so* good during July, that I just went for it.

Plus I have a torn out page from this exact catalog (the page that has a free pattern on it) that I found in a bunch of patterns I got.

Yay!

LD

swinggal

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
I was wathcing that but I new i'd go high. It's lovely. congrats swinggal.

Yeah, was waaaay too much really. I never pay that much for patterns normally but I like that dress because I can make it into an everyday outfit.

swinggal

One Too Many
So upset I didn't win this :( I really wanted to make a flutter-sleeve 30s gown for a function I'm attending. If anyone from FL won this on ebay I am happy to share half of what it cost and to get the pattern copied at Kinkos. Took my eye off it for 10 minutes at work...arrrrrrg!!! Was a 38 too which is my size :(

401a.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Love the tennis dress, swinggal!

I had this on my watch list all week and was really surprised I won it! Yippee! I even have the perfect fabric in the stash. Now, just to work up the ambition to make something tailored again... haven't tackled any suits since last year. lol
mccall8160.JPG

swinggal

One Too Many
I just recieved this 1928 Butterick patterin in the mail. Unused too :) Can't wait to make it! I have so many sewing projects on the go! The most in a very long time!

butt_2180_frock.jpg

retromama

New in Town
Just got this one today!

index.php

Just got this amazing 1939-40 pattern in 44 bust. I only paid a couple bucks for it! Isn't it darling?! I am so excited!! The pieces seem to be all there and the instructions are in good shape and not all crumbly!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
retromama said:
index.php

Just got this amazing 1939-40 pattern in 44 bust. I only paid a couple bucks for it! Isn't it darling?! I am so excited!! The pieces seem to be all there and the instructions are in good shape and not all crumbly!!

HA!
I have that pattern in that size too! Pattern Buddies!

1165.png

Always wanted a gathered neck blouse AND a pin-tucked front version too! :D
So many blouse patterns, so little time...

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Kamikat pattern is nice. I love the short sleeve version.

I found a pattern for a swirlish dress after seeing all the lovely wrap dresses everyone else was making.
7-7-2010_7_08_28_AM.JPG=450

I'm a sucker for fancy yokes and puff sleeves.
!B0BM,ZQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKjEE)Ve1wB7rBMYf!4rG)g~~_3.JPG

And finally a jumper pattern, And I shouldn't need to make many alterations to this except maybe take in the waist. I wish I could get a better view of the blouse.
!B0CIdvQEWk~$(KGrHqZ,!gwE)CeEF04IBMYjquRmbQ~~_3.JPG

retromama

New in Town
Pattern buddies! LOL!

That is so cool, LD! I thought it was so darling and the bigger sizes are so hard to find. I was sure someone would bid me out of it. Then I would cry!

HepKitty

One Too Many
swinggal said:
So upset I didn't win this :( I really wanted to make a flutter-sleeve 30s gown for a function I'm attending. If anyone from FL won this on ebay I am happy to share half of what it cost and to get the pattern copied at Kinkos. Took my eye off it for 10 minutes at work...arrrrrrg!!! Was a 38 too which is my size :(

401a.jpg

I think I just died...

LadyDay I'm so jealous of that pattern book... how do you find stuff like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner