Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Sunny

One Too Many
Caroline said:
I just unpacked my sewing machine and found this pattern. I'm rather out of practice with sewing, so the dress is intimidating, frankly. I really love the envelope!

026.jpg
*gulp* That is amazing. Don't sell that one - or if you do, get a good price for it. I could easily be wrong, but it does look like a high-end pattern.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Not vintage but a reproduction of a vintage pattern....

I just bought this pattern from Eva Dress. Has anyone made this one? If so, any tips/pointers before I start would be greatly appreciated for I know that vintage patterns can be quite confusing at times. lol

3322PR.jpg

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I've got three of those Reveille patterns :D

:eek:fftopic: I've got a box of patterns, maybe about 100+ to sell, how much is reasonable for a complete not-rare 50's pattern?

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
cassylynn said:

Hi Cassylynn!
I've made this particular pattern up probably almost half a dozen times by now, both the pants and the overalls. It's nice and easy, for the most part.
if you want to put bottons on the side for the pants instead of the zipper you'll probably has to make your own facings and placket. My pattern didn't come with those pieces.
Other then that, it's a pretty easy sew, I've actually used it as a teaching tool before!
Good luck!!

Lolly B

New in Town
Aurora said:
I've got three of those Reveille patterns :D

:eek:fftopic: I've got a box of patterns, maybe about 100+ to sell, how much is reasonable for a complete not-rare 50's pattern?

I would check out what comparable patterns are selling for at sites like Lanetz Living, Rusty Zipper, Mom's Patterns, Vintage Martini, etc. That way you can see what other people are asking for them.

Sunny

One Too Many
That first one is amazing, Kamikat! It's going to look amazing on you. Do you have a material in mind yet?

I've won some really nice patterns recently.

I was SO excited about this nightgown pattern.
9717_1.jpg

133444279_o.jpg

133409460_o.jpg

c288_1.jpg

72a5_1.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
133444279_o.jpg

LOVE this one!

What is that, mid to late 30s?

LD
Snookie said:
I'm guessing it's '37 or '38. '38 if I HAD to pick a year. How close am I, Sunny?

I'm totally drooling over that one too...
It's Simplicity 2605, which I'm pretty sure puts it at 1938. :D Great guess, Snookie! That's what I guessed before I looked it up - great minds think alike! I have no idea yet what I'll make it from, but I like both views.

Thanks, JupitersDarling! I've come to the unfortunate realization that most of my summer vintage is house dresses or other casual, workaday cotton prints. I'm not quite comfortable wearing those to work, so I've been getting some nicer patterns. My dilemma is too many options! Once again, I like both views!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I had planned to make this dress over the weekend, but I just realised there's a part missing ...
Although the pattern was sold to me as complete (ages ago) :mad:

wpt30s27550simpl3414.jpg

I thought it wouldn't harm to ask if anyone owns this pattern too and would be willing to copy the back bodice for me? Mine is size 16 but I could probably make it work with other sizes ... would make me so very happy! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou