Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You gals have had some luck indeed on finding some great patterns.

Finally got around to ironing this McCall pattern
McCall3828front.jpg

Here are some of the instruction pieces. Im going to make the sort sleeved version in a navy rayon I have :)

frontpiece.jpg

instructions1.jpg

The rest can be seen here.

LD

anabolina

A-List Customer
Wow, some great patterns on here. Congrats on the haul Alexandra and I love the one with the stripes Dollydaydream. Are you working on any patterns right now? That's a 20s pattern, isn't it LD?

I won a lot of 14 rather undescribed patterns on Saturday (you know the sort, basically a picture of the patterns in a box) but it was only 5.95 plus 5 for shipping, so I went for it. Fortunately, most are within an inch or 2 of my measurements and all are for women. Most are sixties and seventies, but there are a few fifties and a couple of forties. I most excited about this one since I've been looking for a pleated circle skirt pattern.

Mcc4918.jpg

I'm also looking forward to making this one because its a one-yard pattern and I have a lot of smaller yardages.

simp6862.jpg

Also, there's something about this one I like too. (The matching pants and tunic version)

Butt6323.jpg

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Butterick 6633

I found this one on Etsy.com. It's dead stock from the 2000 run that Butterick did.

butterick6633.jpg

I love it! I'm making it right now in tropical print and it's gone together so so easily. I believe the seller has it in more sizes too.

:eek:fftopic:

What is Etsy? lol

I'm currently making vintage vogue v2903 but I got my 7 way wardrobe patter yesterday & have ordered a few more from Ebay so I shall no doubt have a million on the go soon...lol

I'm looking forward to going fabric shopping after work on payday, I mean Friday.

ANyone know of any good swing jacket/coat patterns from around the 50s? Can't seem to find one at all.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
:eek:fftopic:

What is Etsy? lol

I'm currently making vintage vogue v2903 but I got my 7 way wardrobe patter yesterday & have ordered a few more from Ebay so I shall no doubt have a million on the go soon...lol

I'm looking forward to going fabric shopping after work on payday, I mean Friday.

ANyone know of any good swing jacket/coat patterns from around the 50s? Can't seem to find one at all.

Etsy is a website where individuals can sell things they make or supplies for making crafts and clothing the web address is www.etsy.com

VintageJoAnn

New in Town
I'm in love with some of the pictures you all have posted. especially the 50's one's with the full skirts.
I just purchased a box of patterns that are my size except I need to add about an inch in the waist.
I'm a pretty good sewer but I'm used to following a modern pattern exactly.
Is it very hard to alter patterns slightly?
I will post some pics soon.
I've already scouted out some 50's yardage.
I'd love to see some of your projects completed.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
VintageJoAnn said:
I'm in love with some of the pictures you all have posted. especially the 50's one's with the full skirts.
I just purchased a box of patterns that are my size except I need to add about an inch in the waist.
I'm a pretty good sewer but I'm used to following a modern pattern exactly.
Is it very hard to alter patterns slightly?
I will post some pics soon.
I've already scouted out some 50's yardage.
I'd love to see some of your projects completed.

Sewing Lessons and FAQ Thread is where you should ask about sizing up things...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=11070

Show us What you Made Thread is where to see what folks have made

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10188

ShortClara

One Too Many
So much cute stuff! DimeaDance, I especially love that pointed bodice dress!

I just won these on the eBay - I really wanted them!

c328_1.JPG

c373_1.JPG

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
dollydaydream said:
Deadpandiva; The first pattern there looks a lot like one I have;

dresspatt3.jpg

If this is the one you have I'll gladly scan any missing bits you need :)

Wow! I like yours better. I have another DuBarry pattern with the exact same sleeve and it dosn't require the sleeve stiffening so I think I'll be okay with out.

Clara I love all your patterns and am green with envy.

I ordered these from Vintage Martini. I think there prices are pretty good and they have a good selection.
5004.jpg

1930-1.jpg

I'm so excited I could pee (I'm a classy bird I know). I actually had a proper look at etsy, much much better than Ebay!

Just bought these

il_430xN_30336763.jpg

A sarong dress pattern. I have been after something like this for so long

il_430xN_31546597-1.jpg

And a pretty dress with a bolero pattern.

Total of 14 squid including shipping. Fantastico!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Oooooo, Denise, nice patterns. That seller had lots of lovely patterns but the two I liked were going for silly money so I sat on my hands and didn't bid!

I must get a nice 30s blouse pattern for under my suits. I got this pattern partly for the blouse on it's own but I also thought the pinafore would be useful either on it's own in a summer weight or in wool for winter. I personally wouldn't give it the button treatment though. I think it would make me look like an overgrown toddler!

blousepinafore.jpg

I also bought two sportswear patterns last weekend that I need to photograph. One is one piece beach pyjamas with a little jacket. I've been after something like it for ages. Now I have to find some good fabric! (oh, and actually get on with some sewing.....)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy