Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
MissAmelina said:
I love patterns.:D

Simplicity_2418.jpg
aa9843.jpg

I love the one on the left. I just missed it on eBay.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Im curious to know if you ladies have a rotation of patterns.
I go to about 70 or so, then after that I feel I need to purge the stash.

LD

I do feel that way, but then I never get rid of any! I always justify it by saying I can use it to costume someone someday or that they're useful to me as a seamstress.
I've even kept all the ugly muumuu patterns from the 60s that I own (in case I get to costume a sci fi movie ;) ). Regardless, I'm also glad I've bought lots of tiny sizes because I've found that even though I'm a B36, my shoulder to waist length is about that of a B30-B32 and I find it easier to widen than to shorten.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Im starting to do more and more as well, because of the patterns I see, I see elements in ones I already own and why spend the money?

Im also concentrating what I look for. Late 20s to mid 40s is my window, and I rarely stray from that. Imagine how hard those eras are to find in 40 bust or higher. Thats all I get now, I cant deal with grading from a 34 any longer. I rarely get lots anymore, not only because of their sacristy, but they tend to only have 2 or 3 patterns in the bunch Im interested in.

About 70-120 (I counted :eek: ) are in my normal rotation, then like Lauren, I have my 'to sell' stash. There are roughly 50 in that. Geeze, I gotta get more fabric!

LD

I have quite a few in that time frame in your size if you ever want to borrow and copy! I feel bad that they will probably sit in my room for years without me using them.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Sorry for the multiple posts :eusa_doh: I tend to see and post before seeing if there is anyone else I want to reply to!
I just bought these off Etsy. They were expensive, compared to what I usually pay, especially the batman costume! Shipping was off the wall for that as it is in Canada.
il_430xN.89567674.jpg
il_430xN.103976647.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
miss_smith said:
I have quite a few in that time frame in your size if you ever want to borrow and copy! I feel bad that they will probably sit in my room for years without me using them.

I would LOVE to! Should I PM you?
You are the bees knees :D

LD

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
Basic 40's dress styles in larger sizes

Hey Ladies!
I just wanted to point out these patterns. They are basic 1940's styles that can be easily used as a basis for other styles and they are cheap ( well at least a few of them) but even the pricier ones are a good investment I think for basics...I don't know how to post pics yet and I'm at work, so I have to be quick about this lol:p If the links don't work, just copy/paste...

This one is only $9.99!! (Bust - 38, Hips - 41)
http://momspatterns.com/inc/sdetail/42642

This one is $32.99 ...but alot be made with it (Bust - 42, Hips - 45)
http://momspatterns.com/inc/sdetail/38461

This is a 1930's pattern, pretty decent price, $24.99(Bust - 40, Hip - ?)
http://momspatterns.com/inc/sdetail/41935

I hate to see these patterns sit here, when there are women looking for larger size vintage patterns. Just wanted to point them out ;)

my current project

This is the one I am working on right now. v-neck/collar version but with short sleeves. The pink paisley calico fabric so I can wear it as a day/house dress.

I gave up earlier today because I just can't get my hands to work right - it's one of *those* days...

scan0003.jpg

*Edited for spelling errors....told you it was one of those days

Lady Naiad

New in Town
Getting ready to start on this. Going with view C in a orange and greenish gingham fabric.
apronpattern0001.jpg

My sewing machine is quite "vintage" itself (and not particularly in a good way).
I'm hoping it doesn't eat too much of my fabric! :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner