Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

zendy

A-List Customer
cute pattern Amy Jeanne
LD, how awful, you are a dedicated lady, if I would have discovered that I'd of given up.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks for the well wishes ladies :)
The good news was the pattern was only 9 pieces. I managed to get it traced just fine, sans a cut I had to make in the pattern to make the tracing go smoother.

The original is beyond saving, but I cant throw it out! I guess it will just have an honorary place in my collection and heart :)

LD

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Hamilton_Honey said:
This is the one I am working on right now. v-neck/collar version but with short sleeves. The pink paisley calico fabric so I can wear it as a day/house dress.

I gave up earlier today because I just can't get my hands to work right - it's one of *those* days...

scan0003.jpg

*Edited for spelling errors....told you it was one of those days

What gorgeous fabric Hamilton_Honey! It will look lovely when you are finished. I have just started sewing my first dress from a repro 1947 pattern and I have my mum helping me. I have new founded respect for all you ladies that sew so well! Wish I'd paid better attention at school. lol

Lindabelle said:
What gorgeous fabric Hamilton_Honey! It will look lovely when you are finished. I have just started sewing my first dress from a repro 1947 pattern and I have my mum helping me. I have new founded respect for all you ladies that sew so well! Wish I'd paid better attention at school. lol

Thank you Lindabelle :) I know it isn't a 1940's era print, but it makes me happy when I look at it, so I couldn't resist. We shall see how this one comes out - I have to size down a little.

Good luck to you with your first dress! Just take your time and if you feel yourself getting frustrated, put it aside and come back to it later. Read the instructions twice before each step, use lots of pins and iron everything as you go and you'll be fine :)

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
Patterns

Hi,
I wanted to post this here to see what all the ladies thought, My sister purchased a very old home. In the basement was an old wooden box (about 14 inches X 10 inches. Inside were old knives (like butcher knives I guess) and OLD sewing patterns and sewing books. The stuff is from the late 1800's up through the 20's and 30's. Does anyone know what something like this could be worth??

Should I try to EBAY Them? What are my best options?

Thank you to any and all replies.

I apologize if this is not the right section to post this question.

Thank you

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
If the patterns are in good shape, ebay is a good option. Some of the older and nicer patterns go for pretty high prices. I have sometimes seen really nice patterns go for much less than I thought they would though. I don't know much about pre 1920's patterns though. You could set up an etsy shop which would alow you to set your own prices.

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars

What I was thinking about doing is posting them on here photos just to see what you all think. I am not really concerned of value right now. I was just curious thats why I asked the 1st question. I will post photos of everything in a couple days so you all can see what I am talking about.

Thank you!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi,
If you are interested in sharing photos of the patterns, this is the best place! Appraisal isnt really ideal for our type of environment.

Vintage fluctuates from many different factors, and eBay will be the best place to get the market value.
Good luck!

LD

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
cmjordan77 said:
What I was thinking about doing is posting them on here photos just to see what you all think. I am not really concerned of value right now. I was just curious thats why I asked the 1st question. I will post photos of everything in a couple days so you all can see what I am talking about.
the patterns sound intriguing. Do post em!

:eek:fftopic: I JUST now noticed you're in Greenville!! I didn't know there were loungers so close to me (I'm in north Greenville county)!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
cmjordan77 said:
Hi,
I wanted to post this here to see what all the ladies thought, My sister purchased a very old home. In the basement was an old wooden box (about 14 inches X 10 inches. Inside were old knives (like butcher knives I guess) and OLD sewing patterns and sewing books. The stuff is from the late 1800's up through the 20's and 30's. Does anyone know what something like this could be worth??

Should I try to EBAY Them? What are my best options?

Thank you to any and all replies.

I apologize if this is not the right section to post this question.

Thank you

If you don't want to take the time to sell them, you could always donate them to the Commercial Pattern Archive to be preserved:
http://www.uri.edu/library/special_collections/COPA/index.php
I work there...I don't know donations can count as a tax deduction or not, you'd have to email the director. We're always interested in pre 1930's patterns, as they are hard to come by, and pre 1900's are even better!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
School loan stipend comes just in time for xmas!! Merry xmas to me!!

12154_205762814163_624014163_3075892_3115759_n.jpg

From Lauren. I love the cleaning lady look! Let me know if payment went through ok -- I cancelled my credit card, but I still had money in my PayPal.

12154_205762824163_624014163_3075893_6865586_n.jpg

12154_205762834163_624014163_3075894_7256338_n.jpg

The dress on the right is getting made in red with leopard pockets and collar ;)

12154_205762844163_624014163_3075895_4307499_n.jpg

12154_205762854163_624014163_3075896_50502_n.jpg

The buttons down the side are interesting.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh my gosh, LOVE! I love ditto the red with leopard one. How very Hollywood glamor. And thanks for buying a pattern from me :) Went through just fine!

bunny chan

Familiar Face
I bought my first pattern!!

I hope it's simple to realize and I can understand the sewing indication in it (english is not my language unfortunatly, and I guess you can tell ;) !).

cartamodello.jpg

As soon as I receive it I'll start working on it with my granparents!!

Oh I have to buy the fabric too...any suggestion??

B.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Congrats, Bunny Chan! If you're new to sewing I think you should get a cotton. Easiest to start with and a cute print would look great in that dress!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I agree...a nice cotton calico or solid is a great fabric to start. And what a beautiful pattern! I admit I'm quite jealous. Where did you find it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24