Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That's a cute pattern Bunny and I agree that cotton is a good starting fabric. It is very forgiving.

I got this pattern for my sister but I may grad it up to my size also. I love apron and wardrobe patterns and I think this is adorable.

il_430xN.107293738.jpg

And this for me. I love the bodice.
!B,f0Vzw!Wk~$(KGrHqIH-DoEquSTrd+(BKrswyb4Tg~~_35.JPG

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Very cute!
I love your signature, deadpandiva. That quote is so true of some sewing projects I've made myself! lol "I've aquired quite a taste for a well made mistake."

SayCici

Practically Family
DPD, loooove the second dress pattern. The bodice reminds me of a pattern that 'got away':
151_pd1993378_1.jpg

bunny chan, very cute!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
DPD, loooove the second dress pattern. The bodice reminds me of a pattern that 'got away':
151_pd1993378_1.jpg

bunny chan, very cute!
I fell in love with that pattern when you posted it , which is partly why I got this one.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Those beach pyjamas are adorable. Can't wait to see them made up Deadpandiva. Did I see a way to upload photos of made garments on the vintage pattern wiki? That would be such a great resource.

deadpandiva said:
Cool. I love the way it looks and can't wait to make one of my own.

Lauren

Miss Sis said:
Ha ha! Lauren, I was just thinking 'How 1938' on your pattern when I see it says 1939 written in pencil on it, so I was darned close! lol.

I have been extremely virtuous and not bought any patterns for ages.

lol Yup, you know me and late 30s sportswear looks! :D

Lauren

I know, it's true. I almost bought another pattern just because I liked her silly hat. lol Too bad the hats don't come with purchase!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Amy Jeanne said:
School loan stipend comes just in time for xmas!! Merry xmas to me!!

12154_205762814163_624014163_3075892_3115759_n.jpg

From Lauren. I love the cleaning lady look! Let me know if payment went through ok -- I cancelled my credit card, but I still had money in my PayPal.

I have this one -- it's my all time favorite house dress, although I tweaked it a bit to have a set-in buttoned waistband instead of a belt. And yes, I accessorize it with my mop and bucket.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deadpandiva said:
!BhSnd+gBmk~$(KGrHqUOKkEErzVJ(q6pBLIbQbl)D!~~_35.JPG

Early 30's lounging pajamas. The listing said 1910-1920 but I don't think they are that old. I love them.
Oh how lovely!

I find that the sellers almost always mistake the patent dates of the pattern company's method for the date of the pattern, which explains the teens on this one. It is so 1930!

And I want it so very badly - but bigger.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1929 said:
Oh how lovely!

I find that the sellers almost always mistake the patent dates of the pattern company's method for the date of the pattern, which explains the teens on this one. It is so 1930!

And I want it so very badly - but bigger.

I need it a size smaller but beggers cant be choosers I guess. I'd rather great up a size than down one. I looks like it should be pretty simple to make as there are only a few pattern pieces.

Here is my latest and probably the last for a while.
il_430xN.97388787.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
I know, it's true. I almost bought another pattern just because I liked her silly hat. lol Too bad the hats don't come with purchase!
I feel the same way. I also love late 1930's sportswear and that pattern is lovley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR