Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yay! Thanks, gals! The seller said they didn't know if it had all the pieces so I'm crossing my fingers it does.
Kamikat, I'm not planning on it right now. I've got lots of things in mind, so not sure I can squeeze it in before summer! Things with big skirts tend to cost a lot to repro, too, cause they take up a lot of paper. Maybe I could just do the swimsuit, though.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Great patterns LD and Lauren.

I am so exited about winning this one. I wanted it so badly.
abutt7837.jpg

I also got these two as I didn't pay as much for the first one as I thought I'd have to.

!Bi)Tp0Q!mk~$(KGrHqMH-DcEt!iOKjOYBLQoH424Nw~~_3.JPG

6001.JPG

Lauren

Wow! That first one is SO neat!! I love the way it comes down from the yoke and wraps like that!
And you signature. I love that song! It's going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the night...

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
Wow! That first one is SO neat!! I love the way it comes down from the yoke and wraps like that!
And you signature. I love that song! It's going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the night...
I loved that part to. I also like the version with the scraf looped through the yoke. I love details like that.

And that song has been stuck in my head for days. It's so catchy. lol

Lauren

Welp, I just got the cute swimsuit pattern but it's missing one of the halter tops and the instructions. Oh well... I can fake it for me, but no repro of this one for etsy. Bummer.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Help gals

Does anyone have a recomendation for a high waisted skirt pattern, longish and 30's ish in style? It can be vintage or modern with the right details. I want to create an outfit like this:

20050924_02.jpg

I know, I know! We were just talking about suspenders! I seem to recall all those patterns were more dirndl full skirts though.

SayCici

Practically Family
VPLL, Decades of Style, and Past Patterns all have repro patterns for 1930s skirts! The latter two both offer them multi-sized.

That skirt is super high waisted though, which reminds me of this pattern from the 50s:
il_430xN.102090941.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
20444_248846204163_624014163_3283784_3897431_n.jpg

I bought this two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived :(

20444_248846214163_624014163_3283785_3696393_n.jpg

I *love* those seams!

And I bought two from our very own lovely Lauren:

20444_248846239163_624014163_3283786_4417885_n.jpg

I've been wanting to try scanties!

20444_248846254163_624014163_3283787_7305759_n.jpg

And I might actually have a bathing suit this summer, providing this one hides the backside area appropriately ;)

SayCici

Practically Family
AJ, maybe the first one is all bogged down because of all the snow the east coast has been having. Don't lose hope on it!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
jetgirl said:
Does anyone have a recomendation for a high waisted skirt pattern, longish and 30's ish in style? It can be vintage or modern with the right details. I want to create an outfit like this:

20050924_02.jpg

I know, I know! We were just talking about suspenders! I seem to recall all those patterns were more dirndl full skirts though.
There;s a similar pattern at www.evadress..com. Search under 1930's or size 16. I wanted to post a picture but my computer is being sucky.

Neany73

New in Town
deadpandiva said:
Great patterns LD and Lauren.

I am so exited about winning this one. I wanted it so badly.
abutt7837.jpg

This one makes me wish I suited that style, I sadly don't though. Well done on getting it!

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Thanks deadpandiva and cici. That eva dress 30's pattern is sooo adorable. And you're right cici, those 50's really high waisted pattern would translate pretty well to that look.
I also found a cheat -- a high waisted pencil skirt at Newport News. I'm thinking about ordering that.

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
So I found some really killer novetly print cotton but it took me forever to find a pattern I love equally.

I picked this one up on Etsy. It's a Simplicity retro reprint.

Serena

New in Town
Reconstructing History now do 1940s patterns

Reconstructing History are now doing a mid-20th century range of sewing patterns.

https://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patterns.php?c=22&d=198&w=24&r=Y

Word of warning though, I have used thier historical patterns for 17th century re-enactment costumes and found them suited to the more experienced seamstress, although the 20th century items may not be as difficult to work with as the construction techniques would be more what the modern dressmaker is used to.

Lauren

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up! I've heard mixed reviews of their patterns, but I haven't used them myself. Did you find the sizing accurate on the ones you purchased?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner