Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Serena

New in Town
I found the sizing to be slightly on the larger side for me, but have heard that a lot of people find them a bit on the small side. Best thing would be to trace off the pattern and make up a muslin from an old sheet first to test the pattern.

bunny chan

Familiar Face
Bought these 2 today.

cartamodello2.jpg

cartamodello50.jpg

The second one seems to be very easy to realize!

B.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
It appears that I'm preparing for my February spending fast by buying a bunch of patterns. I have a couple more coming. BTW, anyone know why I can't use images from eBay any more?
il_430xN.113761225.jpg

il_430xN.98757626.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
kamikat said:
It appears that I'm preparing for my February spending fast by buying a bunch of patterns. I have a couple more coming. BTW, anyone know why I can't use images from eBay any more?
il_430xN.113761225.jpg

Etsy, yes? I was hemming and hawing over that one for awhile! I would love to see a pic when you've done it.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Heaven help us!

The non-sewer just bought two patterns.

This might take a very long time to actualize, but I'm going to try a nightgown. (The short red one is my fav.) I figure it won't require expensive fabric and if it only turns out so-so, it's okay because it isn't street wear. I also sucumbed to the jumper temptation but will ask my Aunt or somebody who can sew to help me get the best results.

il_430xN.69479928.jpg

il_430xN.105636661.jpg

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
23SkidooWithYou said:
The non-sewer just bought two patterns.

This might take a very long time to actualize, but I'm going to try a nightgown. (The short red one is my fav.) I figure it won't require expensive fabric and if it only turns out so-so, it's okay because it isn't street wear. I also sucumbed to the jumper temptation but will ask my Aunt or somebody who can sew to help me get the best results.

Woo! We've got another one hooked, girls! The pajamas, I think, are a good choice although my sister might not agree. She made a pair for her first pattern and hated them!

These arrived yesterday:
338094625_o.jpg

il_430xN.34339888.jpg

Then my mom pulled out her prom photo and we compared her Gunne Sax to that one! Good times.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
I love the 1st view on this pattern with the contrast and braid. I want to make it in kelly green and black.

il_430xN.116785337.jpg

Beautiful pattern deadpandiva. Those colours will look great. Could you please post the back of the enveloppe so I can see the pattern pieces? I'd like to try to make this in PatternMaster.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
miss_smith said:
Woo! We've got another one hooked, girls! The pajamas, I think, are a good choice although my sister might not agree. She made a pair for her first pattern and hated them!

Tell your sister to save me a seat on the newbie bench! ...and so it begins...noticed after I posted that the one I want to make is a "hospital gown" and calls for ribbon yardage to tie the back closed (won't I look "breezy" in that! :rolleyes: ). So, I'm going to have to adjust and work a center seam down the back. I don't think that would be too too hard but I can always just make the long one with the puff sleeves instead. I can't wait to go fabric shopping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner