Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I'd been waiting for this one to pop back up, and within my price range, and I was SO excited to win it last night and be the only bidder. Whoopee! I told my husband he needs to take me to Paris so I can wear it walking along the fashionable Rues and to dessert at Laduree. He laughed. Well, was worth a shot, anyways.
mccall4143b.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
Cool! I had that on my etsy watch list forever- I'm glad you got it!
I have a similar pattern with a jacet that I like more., but I like this dress better and think it will be easier to make the needed adustments to.

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
I'd been waiting for this one to pop back up, and within my price range, and I was SO excited to win it last night and be the only bidder. Whoopee! I told my husband he needs to take me to Paris so I can wear it walking along the fashionable Rues and to dessert at Laduree. He laughed. Well, was worth a shot, anyways.
mccall4143b.jpg

Gorgeous pattern Lauren! So Chic. You never know your Paris dream might come true one day and at least you'll be prepared! :)

Shirin

A-List Customer
I just got this one on eBay. I think the left would look fantastic in dark emerald green and the right in a soft pink or ivory.
m6006.jpg
[/IMG]

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here's more
4241683566_f72a623a86_m.jpg

This one confuses me. It's a Butterick from the 50s and should be printed, but it's not. I bought it from South Africa, so I wonder if that's why it's unprinted. I am really happy that it's a 40, except that the neckline is way too open for winter day way.
4241684348_7aa6d8dbb9_b.jpg

4241685548_d4dc676c3a_m.jpg

AND, I got that tiny pattern I was in love with. It's Christmas money, so I didn't feel the need to justify the cost and it was cheap.
4240912631_351e42ef5c_m.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Those are really great patterns kamikat.

I just won this one. I was sort of hoping to get outbid because I have my eye on anotherr pattern that I may have to sell a kidney to get. This is a great winter dress. I like the long sleeved version ith the contrast collar the best and I could use a dress like this since i have grown out of anything I had that was similar.

P1260777.JPG

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Ok, I didn't buy this book, I borrowed if from my local library:

Making Vintage Bags

As I understand it, these are vintage inspired, or re-working of old patterns, but I think some of the bags are adorable and I thought some of you gals might be interested. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Joie DeVive said:
Ok, I didn't buy this book, I borrowed if from my local library:

Making Vintage Bags

As I understand it, these are vintage inspired, or re-working of old patterns, but I think some of the bags are adorable and I thought some of you gals might be interested. :)
I received that book as a birthday gift. I have already made two of the bags. They are all really cute and fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points