Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great pattern, Miss Sis.

I got two a little bit ago.

4496.jpg
9285c.jpg

Both 40 bust.
Im thinking of repo-ing the second one.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LD, I'd be interested in a repro of the one on the left. I love your repro patterns, but I need a 40 to fit my high bust.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've been watching a lot of 30s movies lately and falling back in love! I think this one might be exactly what I've been looking for, no built-up shoulder, A-line skirt, nice belt to pull it all in. While I love the 30's frilly details and puffy sleeves, they don't suit me. The other thing that makes this a hit, $3.00 and no other bidders!
4319312478_2dc7068d42.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
I've been watching a lot of 30s movies lately and falling back in love! I think this one might be exactly what I've been looking for, no built-up shoulder, A-line skirt, nice belt to pull it all in. While I love the 30's frilly details and puffy sleeves, they don't suit me. The other thing that makes this a hit, $3.00 and no other bidders!
4319312478_2dc7068d42.jpg
I was watching that pattern but decided on another at the last minute. I am glad that I didn't bid against you. I do think that pattern's adorable.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
kamikat said:
LD, I'd be interested in a repro of the one on the left. I love your repro patterns, but I need a 40 to fit my high bust.

I think Im gonna hold off on both to repo. Those 30s patterns have *so* many pieces and that just adds to paper costs. Also, the gals just arnt into the 30s stuff as much as the 40s right now.

Its strange, Im finding the plus size gals love the 20s and 40s but for the most part negate the 30s :eek: I hope to ware them down with time, muhahahahaaaaaa.

Oh, and that orange dress pattern is *adorable*! I love the jacket option with it.

LD

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Kamikat, I agree the orange dress is lovely! I like the shape of the belt and the little diagonal tucks at the top of the bodice.

I also like the blouse and skirt options on the other pattern. I always think it makes a pattern so much more versatile and you can make mix and match outfits.

Cici, I'm not really a vintage trouser person but I love the blouse that comes with it and if I AM going to make trousers, then I'm going to have a proper 30s shaped pair!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I think Im gonna hold off on both to repo. Those 30s patterns have *so* many pieces and that just adds to paper costs. Also, the gals just arnt into the 30s stuff as much as the 40s right now.

Oh, and that orange dress pattern is *adorable*! I love the jacket option with it.

LD

I understand if it's not worth the money! You do have one in your store that I will get as soon as I learn how to grade down. It will fit from the bust down, but I need to learn how to make from the bust up smaller.

Ladies, the orange dress is a surprise. Nowhere on the pattern does it say what size it is. My first plan of action is to measure every piece. Maybe it was $3 for a reason.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis said:
I can't believe I won this! I put in a last second bid, never thinking I'd win it but I was lucky.

30s Trouser and Sports Shirt pattern.

BkQ4HJBGkKGrHqYOKjoEsmq8HEwCBLW2PuG.jpg

I love this one. That 1930s placket and collar is just my favorite.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
dubarry5355.jpg

Real excited about this one. I LOVE the wrap front. There are no instructions though, so I cant repo it :(

LD

I was watching that one! I LUV the skirt. Are you interested in a copy exchange?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I just got this. I love jumpers and I'm taking ice skating lessons so I thought it would be fun to try an outfit.
4330610397_9c2e508143.jpg

I'm hoping I can figure this one out in time for spring and summer.
4330604983_69d95eac1b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW