Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
You ladies always find the best patterns! ;) I've been on a bit of a pattern buying binge lately, although it's cooled off since everything on Ebay I want I've either forgotten to bid on (AUGH!!!!!), or been outbid. At least my pocket book is happy. haha!

Got this mail order pinafore pattern on Etsy; going to make the sleeveless version in anticipation of the hot Florida summer. ;) I really liked the waistband/sash feature!
il_430xN78339539.jpg

il_fullxfull78339486.jpg

A bunch of patterns I found last weekend; the two 50s ones I snagged at an estate sale, and the 40s dressmaker suit is from a vintage store (still a good deal; at least better than I've seen online).
4321592005_261c675288_o.jpg

Finally, the one I am probably most giddy about: I ordered one of Lauren's repro patterns! I have been coveting this one since she first released it, and it's finally mine! I can't wait to make it up!!! :D
il_fullxfull105753232.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Audrey Horne said:
I just got this. I love jumpers and I'm taking ice skating lessons so I thought it would be fun to try an outfit.
4330610397_9c2e508143.jpg

I'm hoping I can figure this one out in time for spring and summer.
4330604983_69d95eac1b.jpg
Those are both adorable.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Love the patterns everyone has been finding! :eusa_clap

I'd been looking for this one for a while. Finally found a copy! :D
simplicity3081.GIF

I did a search and couldn't find anyone reproing this one yet... anyone know if I'm mistaken? [huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss 1929 said:
Are those pockets or just ruffles on the hips??? Like my hips need ruffles....

I know, RIGHT LOL
They are just ruffles. Such an odd place for them. But Im sure you can unset a pocket beneath them, no prob.

This one will be my next repo :)

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I know, RIGHT LOL
They are just ruffles. Such an odd place for them. But Im sure you can unset a pocket beneath them, no prob.

This one will be my next repo :)

LD
oooo, count me in, too!

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
prices at sovintagepatterns.com

Hello ladies,

A friend sent me a link to www.sovintagepatterns.com after I was talking about learning to sew so I could make myself vintage stuff. I have been following this thread (amongst others) to start learning some of this stuff. I had a look at the site and I am wondering how their prices compare to other places, auctions, etc. They seem a little bit high based on what I have read here. So, those of you who know way more about this than I do, how are their prices?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Their patterns are obscenely priced. Always have been. And I *hate* how they rarely list sizes in their item descriptions.

ITs funny, some of the patterns they have, Ive had in my own collection and they are always 3-5 times the asking price.

I suppose if you want a ball gown, you could shop that site, but I visit it every 3-4 months and they dont rotate their stock much.

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LOVE that blue dress on the Dubarry pattern! Lovely!

Ditto what Lady Day says... it is quite expensive, but they do have some awfully dreamy patterns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran