Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
Oh my gosh, that's cute! Is that out right now?
Yes, it's a current release! Check it out on patternreview.com! It makes the cutest aprons! I have it but haven't made it yet.

Hestia

Familiar Face
Simplicity 1430

I'm happy about this one!

4162375610_4e159ebd73.jpg

I've had my eye out for a nice basic tie-neck blouse for a while, and it's so nice that this one also includes that cute cutout top. Kind of odd too; they are totally different styles, all different pattern peices- I'm used to seeing patterns where the 'views' have more in common than not. But I'm not complaining!

SayCici

Practically Family
il_430xN.107816898.jpg

Just posted this in recent purchases as well. It's the details that made me want to buy this pattern, despite the fact that I've discovered I hate working with these really old patterns! The results are worth it but they give me so much anxiety and it takes me longer to start them because of copying the pattern, ironing out pieces, trying to fold everything back up, etc. I love the ease of working with a repro.. nice heavy paper that doesn't tear easily.

I also bought this wonderful pattern from Lauren:
il_430xN.106987220.jpg

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
SayCici said:
il_430xN.107816898.jpg

Just posted this in recent purchases as well. It's the details that made me want to buy this pattern, despite the fact that I've discovered I hate working with these really old patterns!

Love this. I've been eyeing another Butterick dress pattern that has some great "giant stitching" details on it as well. Love the open collar version!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thought you gals would get a kick out of this.

pattern1.jpg

I unfolded one of those old Simplicity patterns I got. I expected it to be hard to unfold, even some disintegration, but I didnt know these patterns would be 3 sheets of tissue with perforated pieces! :eusa_doh:

So not simply a few paragraphs of info on the back of the pattern envelope for instructions, but now I have to navigate torn dirty and in some cases unrecognizable markings in tissue to hopefully make the pattern piece the right shape.

pattern2.jpg

Oh the things we do for fabulous dresses.

LD

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ